‘The Federal Government Can Do Most Anything in This Country’

jimpeel

It seems that Pete Stark (Raving Mad) believes that the federal government has unlimited powers.

SOURCE

Hear him in his own voice and his own words -- not taken out of "context".

VIDEO LINK

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
However, he's right. As long as people belittle arguments against an overburdensome government, or disavow arguments agaisnt the same, it's equitable to our handing them the reins. This has been the M.O. since T Roosevelt, if not before.

As a matter of personal conviction, and without pretending to discuss the details or formulate the system, I feel that we shall ultimately have to consider the adoption of some such scheme as that of a progressive tax on all fortunes, beyond a certain amount, either given in life or devised or bequeathed upon death to any individual – a tax so framed as to put it out of the power of the owner of one of these enormous fortunes to hand on more than a certain amount to any one individual; the tax of course, to be imposed by the national and not the state government. Such taxation should, of course, be aimed merely at the inheritance or transmission in their entirety of those fortunes swollen beyond all healthy limits.
– Theodore Roosevelt,

Every man holds his property subject to the general right of the community to regulate its use to whatever degree the public welfare may require it.
– Theodore Roosevelt

Winky

The Federal Government Can Do Anything, even take your life.

History has shown how these things always end, badly.

spike

So that ended well with the SCHIP stuff. Sweet, you proved yourself wrong.

There was some weird nutjobs later in that video. Kinda freeky people that do a lot of bizarre fear mongering and are proven morons.

But hey, yay for SCHIP! :thumbup:

MrBishop

It seems that Pete Stark (Raving Mad) believes that the federal government has unlimited powers.

SOURCE

Hear him in his own voice and his own words -- not taken out of "context".

VIDEO LINK

Unfortunatly, neither the video, nor the crowd allow him to explain what he means.

Also, giving people the right to healthcare (or in this case, insurance) is not tantamount to slavery any more than paying money for a service like..filling up your gas-tank is the same as slavery. The employee is forced to fill up your tank of gas..that's his/her job. For this, they are paid a salary.

Like Doctors... they wish to remain doctors, they heal people, for which they are paid a salary. This is not slavery. If the Doctors were forced to heal people without renumeration...permanently.. now THAT would be slavery.

The woman is using hot-button words to inflame a discussion which she does not understand...and she does not wish to understand.

An IRL Troll.

Winky

yep seems real clear to me:
The Federal Government Can Do Most Anything in This Country

get used to it.

MrBishop

I think that there are very few constitutional limits that would prevent the Federal GVT from rules that would affect your private life.

I guess that he couldn't possibly have been refering to his previous sentence.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Also, giving people the right to healthcare (or in this case, insurance) is not tantamount to slavery

No? Who provides these services, for free, under this false right? If I have a roght to care & the doctor is on his way out of town, he has the obligation to treat me, with no expectation of reward.

Sounds like slavery to me.

jimpeel

Also, giving people the right to healthcare (or in this case, insurance) is not tantamount to slavery any more than paying money for a service like..filling up your gas-tank is the same as slavery. The employee is forced to fill up your tank of gas..that's his/her job. For this, they are paid a salary.

The slavery is the fact that we who work are having our hard earned money taken from us by force, or threat of force, so it can be given away to those who do not work. They then go to your salaried doctor and get treated with our money which has been taken from us. Work without pay is slavery. That which is taken from us, that we have to work for, places us in servitude.

The sooner you realize that the better. Unfortunately, you have grown to accept that treatment in your country.

You are a willing slave. I am not. I don't want armed men coming after me, and possibly killing me, for refusing to be a slave so I am forced to accept the unacceptable.

You, on the other hand, go willingly without the need for a leash. You have convinced yourself that what you do is good and pure and for the greater good.

Read my sig lines to see who you really are.