‘The Federal Government Can Do Most Anything in This Country’

Gotholic

Completely wrong there buddy.

I imagine there were plenty before '66 too.

There was not, aside from teachers or non-students who either stabbed or shot others and students who stabbed others. First recorded school incident was on July 26, 1764 when Native American warriors scalped the schoolmaster and several children. Then in September 20, 1888 when a kid brought a slingshot to school and killed two and wounded five others - I suppose that would be the first official shooting. The first contemporary shooting was on August 1, 1966 - seems to be the first school shooting with a gun by a student. Things went downhill from the 1960s onward.

I wonder why.

jimpeel

We'd have a shit ton of more fires and deaths with paid police and fire departments.

Is what you wrote what you meant to say?

So you're saying you're for letting convicting felons and mentally unstable to be able to buy firearms without any check?

The system of no checks worked for 182 years before we "improved" it.

Ex felons were not prohibited from firearms ownership before 1968.

There was a provision for the restoration of rights but the anti-firearms groups lobbied for the defunding of the program. As a result, those who wish to have their rights restored are unable to do so.

spike

Is what you wrote what you meant to say?

We'd have a shit ton of more fires and deaths with paid police and fire departments.

The system of no checks worked for 182 years before we "improved" it.

No it didn't. Violent felons and the mentally unstable were able to easily buy firearms.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The other difference is that one of you would willingly hand them over.

*BAAAAAAAAAA*

The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor (EMTALA) Act mandates that everybody must be seen and STABILIZED, without regard for ability to pay.

However, it cannot force anyone to treat them. Slavery has been abolished.

EMTALA FAQ said:
A physician who is on call and who fails or refuses to appear after being called by an E.R. physician (or other physician) may be subject to a penalty under the statute, or may subject his hospital to a penalty. The wording of this section [1395dd(d)(1)(C)] is so garbled as to be virtually indecipherable.

jimpeel

So the number of fires and deaths increase when there are paid fire and police personnel?

No it didn't. Violent felons and the mentally unstable where able to easily buy firearms.

They still are able to easily obtain them today despite all of your laws. Your laws have not worked.

Which of those was the Connecticut shooter?

spike

So the number of fires and deaths increase when there are paid fire and police personnel?

Yeah, I meant without paid police and fire. Sorry for the confusion.

They still are able to easily obtain them today despite all of your laws.

Sure it's still possible. It's just not as easy.