1.5v is now 1.2v?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Rechargeable battery for my wifes cordless optical mouse. RayoVac Heavy Duty AAA. 1.5v, says so right on the battery.

It's not acting right so I go looking for a replacemement. Duracell. Rayovac, Energizer, unknowns...all have rechargeable AAA batteries available. Every single one is 1.2v. Look online & find a couple of 1.5's, in Europe.

On a mouse, it probably won't make a huge difference. What about portable CD players or tape players? 2.4v is not 3v thus we have slow down.

Are we skimping on voltage all of the sudden? Hell, the alkaline type batteries are still 1.5v, what gives?

catocom

the 1.2 rechargeable Nihim...something.
I use them in my mouse and other stuff. The latest energizers are 2500 milliamp. :nerd:
The first ones out were only 1300

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
In my experience there's no problem with the lower voltage. Just get some that are over 900mA and you're set.

Inkara1

Just so you guys know, it's not milliamps, but milliamp-hours that batteries are measured in. The higher the number of milliamp hours, the longer the battery will last on a charge.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
yeah, the effects of the voltage difference are negligible, NiMH bats go forever, even the old 1300mAh sets i have for my camera.