100 great british 'heroes'

Ardsgaine

PuterTutor said:
I was speaking of the Unknown Soldier, not Freddie, IMO, Freddie doesn't deserve to be on the list at all, I mean, I like his music and all, but a Hero? Not.

I agree. Same with David Bowie. I like them, but they shouldn't be sharing space with Alfred the Great.

Scanty

I was just talking about this with my family.

I would choose Spike Milligan above all people, but that's a more personal thing. Is he even in there? I can't see the list.

People should've judged this on how much one person has made a difference in a positive way. Or brought about a great change almost single-handedly. It's gonna be very subjective but that's what people should've based their reasoning on, probably.

ris

fi, the poll was set to include those from the british isles so technically included eire. buggery know why to be honest but there you go.

there were only a couple, bono and michael connolly [sp] i think they were. i see keats gets the same treatment as all the other poets and writers of genuine quality. rolleyes

bah to the list i say, bah to it. the final 10 vote is finished on sunday and churchill is top from brunel. as long as one of those two wins, or any of the nine that aren't related in any way to a paris underpass i'll be semi-happy.

robbie williams was above jenner. sweet phreaking bastard hell.