Altron

Damn chinese, i still rember when i used to bitch in highschool at a problem that took more than 5 min to do, and my teacher said "When your in college a problem that takes up a full page and takes 20 min will be short".

Yeah. I had a 3 hour exam with 4 questions. My final project with the modelocking laser was like 3 questions
1) find a formula for Intensity, which is E*E
2) show that as the number of modes increases, the intensity becomes a pulse train
3) adjust the phase spacing and see what happens

It was a 13-page report that I probably spent 6-8 hours on.

You think that in the physics lab, a problem is simple and can be solved in 2 minutes and you'll have to do 240 of them a day? Nope, they're complex problems that take hours to solve

GrandCaravanSE

Yeah. I had a 3 hour exam with 4 questions. My final project with the modelocking laser was like 3 questions
1) find a formula for Intensity, which is E*E
2) show that as the number of modes increases, the intensity becomes a pulse train
3) adjust the phase spacing and see what happens

It was a 13-page report that I probably spent 6-8 hours on.

You think that in the physics lab, a problem is simple and can be solved in 2 minutes and you'll have to do 240 of them a day? Nope, they're complex problems that take hours to solve

Well atleat i am used to 2 page problems those seem short to me. i love problems, cause they are fun to solve.