@$#^(&

rrfield

Nixy said:
I suggested that earlier on ICQ

It stops the list form displaying but it is still there. If you disable it then go back in and turn it on 5min laster it shows up again.

It's been an hour and my list is still gone. WinXP Pro, Office XP...

rrfield

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
rrfield said:
It's been an hour and my list is still gone. WinXP Pro, Office XP...

rrfield

Oh, I mean if you return on the ability to see most recent documents they are there, they don't get deleted.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Look for the recent list here
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Datos de programa\Microsoft\Office\Reciente

Just translate it to english.

C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Program Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent maybe??

rrfield

Nixy said:
Oh, I mean if you return on the ability to see most recent documents they are there, they don't get deleted.

I unchecked the box, clicked ok, closed Word, opened Word. No files listed. Went back, rechecked the box, changed setting to 9, clicked ok....still no documents listed. Closed Word, opened Word, still no documents listed.

rrfield

Mirlyn

rrfield said:
I unchecked the box, clicked ok, closed Word, opened Word. No files listed. Went back, rechecked the box, changed setting to 9, clicked ok....still no documents listed. Closed Word, opened Word, still no documents listed.

rrfield

worked the same here...

Luis G

Staff member
Amazing how nobody paid attention to what i said, all recent Office documents are stored there in the form of shortcuts, just delete the ones related to Word.

Mirlyn

Luis, I tried your suggestion, but there is no such path on my system (XP Pro w/ Office XP). Maybe its different for Win2k or other versions of Office?

Luis G

Staff member
i have office 2000, it worked as well for office 97.

Maybe OfficeXP changed the location :confuse3:

Mirlyn

Perhaps....

There's an Application Data, but no Program Data. Nothing in Application Data either. I first cleared the list and then did a search in the entire profile (in Docs and Settings) for any changes made within the past minute. Opened a few documents to get them in the list and then did another search. A few updates here and there, but none indicating shortcuts being updated/removed. :shrug: Also looked in Default User and All Users. No such luck.

Maybe its a registry thing now ( wouldn't be suprised)....

Luis G

Staff member
Of course, it should be application data, i knew the translation was something similar :D

Like you said, it might have changed in OfficeXP, but in case anyone still uses off2k like i do, the recent file list is in that path.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, another deleting question

MSN 6.0, there is a drop down menu with the email addresses that have signed in there. How do I delete one from that list?

Mirlyn

Nixy said:
OK, another deleting question

MSN 6.0, there is a drop down menu with the email addresses that have signed in there. How do I delete one from that list?

I'd have to check tonight at work (no MSN at home). I'll bet its in the registry though. The only clearing I've done is a complete account reset (deletes all profiles).

Aunty Em

Luis G said:
Of course, it should be application data, i knew the translation was something similar :D

Like you said, it might have changed in OfficeXP, but in case anyone still uses off2k like i do, the recent file list is in that path.
i just use CIC 2.0 Pro.... saves a lot of hassle. And Eraser for sensitive files so they can't be recovered from the disc.

catocom

This works for me on OXP....
Do what rrfield suggested....Go to the tools,option, general,
and uncheck the box,
Then delete the whole folder....
C:\Documents and Settings\(insert the logged on user here)\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent

I hate those damn index.dat files! :disgust2:

Mirlyn

catocom said:
This works for me on OXP....
Do what rrfield suggested....Go to the tools,option, general,
and uncheck the box,
Then delete the whole folder....
C:\Documents and Settings\(insert the logged on user here)\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent

I hate those damn index.dat files! :disgust2:

Wierd....I don't have that folder.

catocom

Mirlyn said:
Perhaps....

There's an Application Data, but no Program Data. Nothing in Application Data either. I first cleared the list and then did a search in the entire profile (in Docs and Settings) for any changes made within the past minute. Opened a few documents to get them in the list and then did another search. A few updates here and there, but none indicating shortcuts being updated/removed. :shrug: Also looked in Default User and All Users. No such luck.

Maybe its a registry thing now ( wouldn't be suprised)....

I missed this post Mirlyn...
anyway,
I'm running 2000 pro, but I thought XP pro was about the same on the
"docs and settings" file system part. It maybe different. Next time I'm
on an XP pro machine the has Oxp I'll check that out.