2005 BBQ possibilities.

tonksy

Of course I'd clear it with Rob first...this is just subjecture...but I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Also, I can't think of a single person on this board that would be cool sleeping down there.

HomeLAN

I'd need to clear it with the wife first as well. I don't think she'd mind, but it's always better to be sure.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Prof, 10 HOURS from here to there?? I don't think so!! We did it in six last March...but you're right...you're not very central...but you're less than 10 hours away from the Southern Ontario crew.

catocom

I can make plenty of camping space, but I don't have any house room really. :confused:
It'd work out great having it closer around here for me though.

Professur

Nixy said:
Prof, 10 HOURS from here to there?? I don't think so!! We did it in six last March...but you're right...you're not very central...but you're less than 10 hours away from the Southern Ontario crew.

Given that you've no idea where the cottage is, I'll ignore that.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Given that you've no idea where the cottage is, I'll ignore that.

ah, I thought you meant at home...so the cottage is 10hours from the GTA?? BOLLOCKS! I said I'd come if I live within 8hours...that means I need to move East of the GTA...so unless I get the job in Ottawa...or some vaca time..:( 10 hours is a lot of driving for one long weekend...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
If it`s where I think it is, I bet it is at least 10 hours. We did it in about 13 from London, so yeah.

Professur

Well Mapquest brings it in at a tad under 8 hours, but doesn't come all the way into montreal, so you'd need good directions. And I won't comment on the average speed Mapquest suggest.

attachment.php

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Well Mapquest brings it in at a tad under 8 hours, but doesn't come all the way into montreal, so you'd need good directions. And I won't comment on the average speed Mapquest suggest.

Is it very low? I'd try to drive 120 all the way...so looks like I could do it in 8 from the hammer then?? This is all a moot point right now cause I could end up in Alberta and it DEFINATELY isn't less than 8 hours from there...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Leslie said:
And while you`re goin, you can pick us up at Yorkdale :lloyd:

If by "us" you mean you and Paul I have no issue with that...I plan to buy a Pursuit when I graduate so it won't be so big to fit 6 people...and if I'm west of (or close by but East of) Yorkdale...I may end up in Ottawa...I applied to jobs there...and sorry but I ain't driving from Ottawa to Yorkdale to get you :p but, yeah, if I'm within about 8 hours I will probably end up there some long weekend this summer even if that isn't where the BBQ is :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I`ll make sure the kids are with Larry, no worries. Bringing them anywhere I feel like I`m heading an invasion.

And I wouldn`t drive from Ottawa to pick me up either :D

This sounds fun

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, and there will be no smoking in my car and I make ONE stop for gas and grub...I run a tough ship :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My jaw dropped last year when the guy driving us to Montreal said "ONE stop, in Kingston, that is ALL"...but really...it wasn't bad and we got there so much faster than if we'd been stopping every 2 hours...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
and of course I hold no responsibility for if Prof will give you a bed when we get there...if he doesn't you can sleep in the car though...but I better not find any white stains in the morning :p

Professur

Les, how do you think I felt last summer. Nix, if you wanna try 120 on country roads, and mountain winders, you go right ahead. I'm sure your insurance will cover it.

Last time I checked, the numbers on the white signs weren't a suggestion.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Les, how do you think I felt last summer. Nix, if you wanna try 120 on country roads, and mountain winders, you go right ahead. I'm sure your insurance will cover it.

Last time I checked, the numbers on the white signs weren't a suggestion.

Ok fine, when I get OFF the highway I wouldn't be doing 120 anymore...and the roads are designed to be safe for more than the posted limit...but no, I wouldn't go 120 on back roads...just on highways...

I'm gonna feel like such a fool if like mid july someone posts asking about if I made the trip yet and I have to say I'm an unemployed bum with no car...I hope I get a job...:mope:

Professur

If you'd learned any mechanics, I could give you a car. Hasn't moved in a year, but it still runs fine. Might need a clutch soon. and it's done 120 on these roads