2005 BBQ possibilities.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
If you'd learned any mechanics, I could give you a car. Hasn't moved in a year, but it still runs fine. Might need a clutch soon. and it's done 120 on these roads

Had no reason to learn any...I was damn near done highschool when my dad passed away and I always figured he'd be there to help/teach me when I got my own car...I did know how to change the oil on the car we had at the time though...

But, I could afford to buy a used car right now...but the money I would probably end up putting into it...plus CAA...etc wouldn't really make it worth it (GM cars come with roadside assistance included)...brainsoft has an older car he bought a few months ago and it's sucking his money outta his pocket with a straw...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
Your GPA suggests you aren't going to have major issues.

Only two companies have asked for my grades...my GPA is included in my resume but I have yet to hear from ANYONE. :mope:

HomeLAN

Nixy said:
Only two companies have asked for my grades...my GPA is included in my resume but I have yet to hear from ANYONE. :mope:

At this level, you can rest assured it's being looked at. How long have you been job hunting?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Nixy said:
and of course I hold no responsibility for if Prof will give you a bed when we get there...if he doesn't you can sleep in the car though...but I better not find any white stains in the morning :p

*note to self, bring tarp*

Professur

Nixy said:
and of course I hold no responsibility for if Prof will give you a bed when we get there...if he doesn't you can sleep in the car though...but I better not find any white stains in the morning :p

At worst, I'd open up the camper. Sleeps 6, and has it's own kitchen. But considering that my spring is already allocated for building bedrooms in the basement, space won't be an issue. I could always get the use of a neighbour's cottage for a weekend.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I started applying...ummm...mid Jan I think

Paul: You better bring a tent too then...cause if the Pursuit has a back seat like the Cavalier then there's not much room (not that I have ever done that in the Cavalier...I wanted to maintain its innocence...)

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Nixy said:
I started applying...ummm...mid Jan I think

Paul: You better bring a tent too then...cause if the Pursuit has a back seat like the Cavalier then there's not much room (not that I have ever done that in the Cavalier...I wanted to maintain its innocence...)

folding rear seats?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
folding rear seats?

In the Pursuit? I dunno...the Cavalier has a 60/40 split folding rear seats...but they don't make Cavaliers anymore so I DEFINATELY won't be buying one of those...unless I find a time machine between now and then...not to mention that judging by my general cluttery-ness combined with my desire to be in a tidy space I figure my trunk will be full of crap I want in the car but I don't want in the riding part...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
So, 4 weeks? Don't start worrying yet.

Yeah...for the jobs that had actual closing dates instead of "This is an on going search and will remain open until the position is filled" the first was Jan 30...I figured 2 weeks I should hear...is that to soon? Yesterday was 2 weeks after closing...

HomeLAN

Depends. I've had some folks get back to me within 4 days, and others take 6 weeks.

You haven't stopped, have you? You are still getting out resume's to those open-ended guys, right?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
Depends. I've had some folks get back to me within 4 days, and others take 6 weeks.

You haven't stopped, have you? You are still getting out resume's to those open-ended guys, right?

I'm getting my resume out to any new jobs openings that even slightly appeal to me...I've got 12 out now I think...something like that...some open and some closing end of this month...some closing end of next...

Inkara1

Nixy said:
brainsoft has an older car he bought a few months ago and it's sucking his money outta his pocket with a straw...
There's a difference between a used car and a piece of shit used car. Unc got his Lexus used and I'd venture to guess it hasn't been sucking him dry.

HomeLAN

Every car I've owned up to the present one has been used. Only one of them was a nightmare.

Sell the POS and try again - this time with someone reputable.

Uki Chick

I've only had used cars as well and other than the first car that I put enough money into, this car hasn't been that bad. basic maintenance and all.