Ford is number one.
Stick that in your eye Obama motors.
American engineering isn't dead.
I so gotta have me one of these!

a 15 page article on the all new Five Liter Coyote
2011 Mustang engine!

Dave

Interesting.
Wonder how many bugs the first generation of those motors will have. Two years is pretty quick to go from design concept to full production.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
If they had gotten that much power on a smaller engine or more power out of that engine size it would be great, but with those numbers that is hardly an engineering achievement (maybe for Ford engineering).

To keep my post fair, I have no doubt the mustang in question will be one hell of a ride.

Dave

Its a brand new first generation base motor and they've left room for improvement. 400HP is a pretty good starting point.

Now if Ford could just bring the suspension setup into the 21st century...

Cerise

Sweet!

I always have lusted after a hot rod.

I had a restored '72 Firebird with the formula hood -- a shadetree mechanic special with a 400/400 in it. When it was in its' prime, going slow, about 25mph, you could hear the cam turning over from blocks away. Teal green and singin' "voom, voom, voom, voom" through the ol' glasspacks. :brow:

I loved that car.

OldHippie

WOW thanks winky, I need one of them too. Wonder how that would look under the hood of a 68 Torino????????/

Inkara1

WOW thanks winky, I need one of them too. Wonder how that would look under the hood of a 68 Torino????????/

The Torino would probably feel pretty light in the nose since the new 5.0 weighs in at 430 pounds, about 200 pounds lighter than a stock 390.