75renegade....

[b]

75renegade said:
For what its worth, I believe the "crazy" idea that rainbows are a sign of promise from the God of the Bible.

To me, also, they bring hope to those who believe the same, an' even to those who don't.

First shown to a man an' his family who believed in a vision about an ark, which he built, by faith, in the middle of a desert. Ridiculed by friends an' neighbors, yet he was unwillin' to cave into the unbelief of those closely loved, an' those who simply chose to set themselves apart from the possibility of "flood", that would cover the whole Earth.

There are some who choose to use the rainbow as an icon, symbolizin' their own identification with this multi-color blendin' agent, that somehow communicates their desire to bring, perhaps, different "ideas" together as one. Perhaps, a desire to incorporate several "theologies" or viewpoints together as one. A noble thought perhaps, but one, I'm afraid, that has been tainted by the selfish agenda of the few.

At any rate, the rainbow's beauty an' "mystique", are enjoyed by us all, an' so awesome to behold Ash!

You posted this in the "I like rainbows thread". Since ash has requested that I not start an argument in her thread (least I be arrowed) I start this one instead.

In the last major paragraph you state, "A noble thought perhaps, but one, I'm afraid, that has been tainted by the selfish agenda of the few."

I'd like an explanation as to what that means, because if I understand it to mean what I think it means, I've got a major problem with that statement.

So, before I get into it, please, enlighten me.

Jeslek

Banned
I agree with renegade on this one. For example, the Illuminati uses the rainbow as it's symbol, and that is one organization I'm not very fond of.

[b]

You must be right Jerrek, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I just knew he couldn't be referring to homosexuals. I mean, ours is certainly not a "selfish" agenda in anyway.

Down with Illuminati!

75renegade

[b said:
]
75renegade said:
For what its worth, I believe the "crazy" idea that rainbows are a sign of promise from the God of the Bible.

To me, also, they bring hope to those who believe the same, an' even to those who don't.

First shown to a man an' his family who believed in a vision about an ark, which he built, by faith, in the middle of a desert. Ridiculed by friends an' neighbors, yet he was unwillin' to cave into the unbelief of those closely loved, an' those who simply chose to set themselves apart from the possibility of "flood", that would cover the whole Earth.

There are some who choose to use the rainbow as an icon, symbolizin' their own identification with this multi-color blendin' agent, that somehow communicates their desire to bring, perhaps, different "ideas" together as one. Perhaps, a desire to incorporate several "theologies" or viewpoints together as one. A noble thought perhaps, but one, I'm afraid, that has been tainted by the selfish agenda of the few.

At any rate, the rainbow's beauty an' "mystique", are enjoyed by us all, an' so awesome to behold Ash!

You posted this in the "I like rainbows thread". Since ash has requested that I not start an argument in her thread (least I be arrowed) I start this one instead.

In the last major paragraph you state, "A noble thought perhaps, but one, I'm afraid, that has been tainted by the selfish agenda of the few."

I'd like an explanation as to what that means, because if I understand it to mean what I think it means, I've got a major problem with that statement.

So, before I get into it, please, enlighten me.

, The purpose of this post is not engage you. Perhaps you can find some shred of truth in the "vagueness" of the latter paragraph......or not.

Its not my intention to make folks who choose be homosexual, somehow feel less than 'human'. No reason for them to feel that way. I certainly don't want to be made to feel that way either.

I think I understand why yer defenses are raised an' hope ya will excuse the appearent insensitivity of my comment.

For what its worth, I believe we all stand on "level" ground in this world, in the eyes of the God I proclaim as "Lord", who loves us all the same.....Thank God!

Please forgive any malice/predjudice ya felt comin' through my words.

In light of yer concern, I shall make it my aim to be more thoughtful an' considerate of fellow posters, before replyin' as well.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
75renegade said:
In light of yer concern, I shall make it my aim to be more thoughtful an' considerate of fellow posters, before replyin' as well.

Wimp :D

BlurOfSerenity

you know what, ??
i know i didnt say it, but with what i said, i thought it was implied:
i dont like fighting.
and by dragging part of my thread into a new one, you've still messed up my thread.

it would be nice to live in a world without fighting or confrontations.
it will never happen.
but why the hell can't we TRY???

i hope you didnt see this post as muchly confrontational, or fighting. i didnt mean it that way.

thank you, and have a good night.

[b]

This is why I didn't respond...

75renegade said:
, The purpose of this post is not engage you.

And this is why I won't respond...

ash r said:
you know what, ??
i know i didnt say it, but with what i said, i thought it was implied:
i dont like fighting.
and by dragging part of my thread into a new one, you've still messed up my thread.

greenfreak

I thought both 's post and 75renegade's reply were well thought out and quite mature. Not every discussion of different views can be considered a fight and I see nothing wrong with this thread. I think is being respectful of Ash's feelings which is very nice of him but he's also giving up his right to speak his mind in a mature manner which is the very purpose of this board. If every thread was peaches and cream and everyone agreed on everything, this place would get boring real fast. I don't think people should refrain from posting if they're already being considerate of the people they're talking to. If someone doesn't like the subject or content of a thread, there's always a choice of not reading it.

That said, thanks to you two for being cool about this. It could have gone a different way. If only all discussions of differing opinion were like this!! :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
greenfreak said:
If someone doesn't like the subject or content of a thread, there's always a choice of not reading it.

Lucky me for not being mod in the RW these days.

*full intolerant mode*