9-12 Project/Tea Party Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResearchMonkey

Liberals use logic and reason. Conservatives base their ideologies on emotional response. Usually fear.

No, you don't even when your caught red handed to be in error. Like with Obama's approval being unprecedented you still have problems actually admitting you were wrong. You say something like "unprecedented for a black president".

The only reason Malkin admitted she was wrong is because she was called out very publicly.

Since there were several sources stating 10s of thousands and the inflated claims have been debunked and even shown to be using old pictures it seems like the most rational number to go with.

It all still alludes you, and that's OK.

Cerise

Malkin even had to edit her site to say that Freedomworks was wrong about the crowd size.

That had to be embarrassing.

Actually, you are wrong.

She updated her site to mention that Freedomworks had mistakenly referenced ABCsnooze as the source for an estimated crowd size.

I seriously doubt she is embarrassed.

Thanks to ABC News for clearing this up.

The Left, of course, has seized on the error to discredit the undeniably massive turnout today.

If only they were as vigilant about policing other figures — e.g., the “47 million uninsured” statistic…

:rofl3:

it seems like the most rational number to go with.

Rational to libruls. :rolleyes:

Unless you pay attention to the fact that the only source you attributed the 70,000 figure to has denied ever saying it.

spike

Actually, you are wrong.

She updated her site to mention that Freedomworks had mistakenly referenced ABCsnooze as the source for an estimated crowd size.

Right, she did fail to take responsibility for passing on fabricated information. That is kinda messed up that she blames it all on the Freedomworks lobbyists.

I seriously doubt she is embarrassed.

Considering that she didn't take responsibility for her mistake it does seem clear that her ethics are low and she has simply shifted the blame to others.

I wonder how many millions she thinks are uninsured?

Unless you pay attention to the fact that the only source you attributed the 70,000 figure to has denied ever saying it.

Pete Piringer, the fire department spokesman who gave the estimate, does not deny making that estimate. It's unofficial though, the fire department is not putting out an official estimate.

However even Freedomworks has deflated their own estimate to a third of what they originally claimed.

Cerise

Right, she did fail to take responsibility for passing on fabricated information. That is kinda messed up that she blames it all on the Freedomworks lobbyists.

Considering that she didn't take responsibility for her mistake it does seem clear that her ethics are low and she has simply shifted the blame to others.

Malkin posted a link to ABC saying that Freedomworks erroneously attributed a crowd size estimate to ABC, BUT ABC says according to the DC firedept. the numbers are "this" BUT the DC firedept. says no, we never said that.

The left is fabricating numbers. How is that Malkin's fault?

I'll say again: Heh. Not surprising that spike, refusing to believe reality, jumped the gun in an attempt to minimize the crowds and dismiss the importance of the event.

I wonder how many millions she thinks are uninsured?

How many does 0bama think? Does that number (based off the '07 Census) count those uninsured because they can't as in foreign born or not US citizens or won't as in young and healthy or someone else pays for it?

spike

Malkin posted a link to ABC saying that Freedomworks erroneously attributed a crowd size estimate to ABC, BUT ABC says according to the DC firedept. the numbers are "this" BUT the DC firedept. says no, we never said that.

Malking passed along a fabricated number. That is her fault. The fire department is not putting out official figures but Pete Piringer, a fire department spokesman, did give a 60k figure. It's not official.

The right fabricated numbers (and pictures) and got busted for it.

It's not surprising that you are refusing to believe reality, jumped the gun citing fabricated numbers in your first post, in an attempt to inflate the crowds and act as if this was an important event.

How many millions of uninsured do you think Malkin believes there are? Did you know that foreign born and non-citizens can actually buy insurance?

ResearchMonkey

I love these "I have no coherent rational response to what you said so I'll just try and empty insult here" cop outs you use. It makes it really obvious when you've been cornered.

:thumbup:

You cut me, you cut me deep comrade.

Its simply is not possible to make a point that doesn't tighten your panties around your neck.

Cerise

Malking passed along a fabricated number. That is her fault. The fire department is not putting out official figures but Pete Piringer, a fire department spokesman, did give a 60k figure. It's not official.

The right fabricated numbers (and pictures) and got busted for it.

It's not surprising that you are refusing to believe reality, jumped the gun citing fabricated numbers in your first post, in an attempt to inflate the crowds and act as if this was an important event.

How many millions of uninsured do you think Malkin believes there are? Did you know that foreign born and non-citizens can actually buy insurance?

The estimates in her article are from "Tweets." She was writing it as it happened, in real time.

Except the one that ABC attributed to the firedept. that the firedept. denies. ABC should apologize for using an unofficial number the firedept. denies. :shrug:

Like I have said, it doesn't really matter the number of people in DC that day. What matters is the sentiment behind it, and it's growing.

Deny it, and you'll be all the more shocked when 2010 and 2012 come around.

What is your point of foreigners and illegals buying ins?

I can only guess on what Malkin, a reasonable person, would believe regarding the number of uninsured.

In accordance with section 31 of The Top 10 Myths of American Health Care there are 8 million.

spike

Like I have said, it doesn't really matter the number of people in DC that day. What matters is the sentiment behind it, and it's growing.

What's the sentiment? Don't kill my grandma with non-existent eugenics death panels? Obama is the antichrist? Ron Paul for president.

There's seems to be a a few sentiments. There's the Ron Paul people who started these things who didn't like Bush, don't like Obama, and won't be happy until Paul is in the Whitehouse. I think most of them were against Bush and Obama's bailouts that seem to have worked.

What is your point of foreigners and illegals buying ins?

I said foreign born and non-citizens. You can actually be here legally without being a citizen. But illegals can probably buy insurance too. Point was you said they couldn't buy insurance. That was incorrect.

In accordance with section 31 of The Top 10 Myths of American Health Care there are 8 million.

I'll ignore for the moment your think tank source and say that 1 million would be far too many. 8 million is not ok either.

It's estimated that 13.4% of native born citizens lacked insurance and that percentage is likely to have gone way up with the recession and job losses lately.

The percentage of native-born citizens who were uninsured rose in 2005, while the percentage of non-citizen immigrants who lacked coverage was unchanged. Nonetheless, non-citizen immigrantswere far more likely to be uninsured (43.6 percent uninsured) than native-born citizens (13.4 percent).

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=628

These people clearly should have access to healthcare.

There's also the bankruptcy issue.

BOSTON - Costly illnesses trigger about half of all personal bankruptcies, and most of those who go bankrupt because of medical problems have health insurance, according to findings from a Harvard University study to be released Wednesday.

Researchers from Harvard’s law and medical schools said the findings underscore the inadequacy of many private insurance plans that offer worst-case catastrophic coverage, but little financial security for less severe illnesses.

“Unless you’re Bill Gates, you’re just one serious illness away from bankruptcy,” said Dr. David Himmelstein, the study’s lead author and an associate professor of medicine. “Most of the medically bankrupt were average Americans who happened to get sick.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6895896/

And then there's the pre-existing condition issue and the getting dropped when you get sick or not having your treatment covered.

If you could get past all the fear rhetoric you could plainly see how broken the system is and needing reform.

Cerise

What's the sentiment?

The sentiment is "see ya."

Point was you said they couldn't buy insurance. That was incorrect.

My point was they shouldn't be counted in the Census because they are foreign born or illegal. Why should they be numbered among the so-called "47 million"?

I'll ignore for the moment your think tank source and say that 1 million would be far too many. 8 million is not ok either.

Think tank???? She's Canadian. How dare you?

It's estimated that 13.4% of native born citizens lacked insurance and that percentage is likely to have gone way up with the recession and job losses lately.

Federal law allows for an individual who has lost their employer-covered health care to maintain it for 18 months post employment. :shrug:

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=628

These people clearly should have access to healthcare.

There's also the bankruptcy issue.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6895896/

Talk about your think tank sources....:rolleyes:

And then there's the pre-existing condition issue and the getting dropped when you get sick or not having your treatment covered.

If you could get past all the fear rhetoric you could plainly see how broken the system is and needing reform.

Too bad no one learned those people about "The Grasshopper and the Ant."

spike

The sentiment is "see ya."

Cool, the tea baggers left.

My point was they shouldn't be counted in the Census because they are foreign born or illegal. Why should they be numbered among the so-called "47 million"

Ok, regardless if they are included in the 47 million or not it still leaves many million uninsured. "13.4% of native born citizens lacked insurance".

Federal law allows for an individual who has lost their employer-covered health care to maintain it for 18 months post employment. :shrug:

Last time I checked COBRA was $700 or $800 per month. Kinda tough to pay that when you don't have a job huh? Also it's a federal program. For some reason you don't have a problem with this government insurance?

So your still not addressing the medical bankruptcy problem even when you have insurance, the pre-existing condition problem, dropping your coverage when you get sick, denying 1 in 5 claims, or the uninsured.

You're really not offering any solutions to any of these problems. Just like the Republicans in Congress. So forget the Republicans, they have their heads planted firmly in the sand.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Last time I checked COBRA was $700 or $800 per month. Kinda tough to pay that when you don't have a job huh? Also it's a federal program. For some reason you don't have a problem with this government insurance?

No, it's not. COBRA is you paying whatever your employer paid to thier insurance for you. The only thing that changes is who pays the bill.

spike

Q22: What is the Federal Government's role in COBRA?
COBRA continuation coverage laws are administered by several agencies. The Departments of Labor and Treasury have jurisdiction over private-sector health group health plans. The Department of Health and Human Services administers the continuation coverage law as it affects public-sector health plans.

The Labor Department's interpretive and regulatory responsibility is limited to the disclosure and notification requirements of COBRA. If you need further information on your disclosure or notification rights under a private-sector plan, or about ERISA generally, telephone EBSA's Toll-Free number at: 1.866.444.3272.

The Internal Revenue Service, Department of the Treasury, has issued regulations on COBRA provisions relating to eligibility, coverage and premiums in 26 CFR Part 54, Continuation Coverage Requirements Applicable to Group Health Plans. Both the Departments of Labor and Treasury share jurisdiction for enforcement of these provisions.

The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services offers information about COBRA provisions for public-sector employees. You can write them at this address:

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
7500 Security Boulevard
Mail Stop C1-22-06
Baltimore, MD 21244-1850
Tel 1.877.267.2323 x61565

ARRA added additional responsibilities for each of the Federal agencies. For more information visit the COBRA Premium Reduction FAQs or call 1.866.444.3272 to speak to a Benefits Advisor.

http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_cobra.HTML

Cerise

So your still not addressing the medical bankruptcy problem even when you have insurance, the pre-existing condition problem, dropping your coverage when you get sick, denying 1 in 5 claims, or the uninsured.

No, you just weren't paying attention. :shrug:

You're really not offering any solutions to any of these problems. Just like the Republicans in Congress. So forget the Republicans, they have their heads planted firmly in the sand.

Why do you look to me for answers? Do you think I hold some political office?

"Forget the Republicans"......forget 0bamacare. There's not enough public support. It is political suicide for any representative that votes for it. The majority of people don't want a public option rammed down their throats, and the people that do want to look to Big Gov. to answer every issue in their lives.

Anyone that is middle aged (35) and has a serious medical issue is going to have to run the maze before they end up in front of the "death panel" who will assess how much value the person has before any procedure is administered. You may simply be handed the blue pill and told to go home.

Cerise

Frequently Asked Questions about Portability of Health Coverage and HIPAA

What are a plan's obligations with respect to special enrollment when an employee or a dependent of an employee loses other health coverage?

When an employee or a dependent of an employee loses other health coverage, a special enrollment opportunity may be triggered (only if the individual had other health insurance coverage when first eligible to enroll). The employee or dependent must request special enrollment within 30 days of the loss of coverage.

In addition, the resulting coverage must be effective no later than the first day of the first calendar month beginning after the date the completed request for enrollment is received.

spike

No, you just weren't paying attention.

No, you haven't addressed these issues.

Why do you look to me for answers?

No, we're having a discussion here. You fail to bring any reasonable objections to the way these problems are going to be solved and you certainly don't offer any alternatives.

"Forget the Republicans"......forget 0bamacare. There's not enough public support. It is political suicide for any representative that votes for it.

No, most Americans support the public option and it would be a political mistake not to vote for it.

Anyone that is middle aged (35) and has a serious medical issue is going to have to run the maze before they end up in front of the "death panel" who will assess how much value the person has before any procedure is administered. You may simply be handed the blue pill and told to go home.

Holy shit really? You have absolutely nothing. No real objections. No alternative solutions. But hey here's some made up fear mongering Cerise made up! This is just blatant blind hatred for anything Obama does at the detriment of your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.