9 Star Wars flicks?!?

MrBishop

OK...so I heard a rumor, then I checked a bit and this rumour's getting wings.

Anyone hear about this?

Lucas also told me that he and Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson have become good friends, commiserating with each other in Australia and New Zealand on their shoots about making their two series. "Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book." Of course, Lucas wrote his own book, but the mythology harkens back to Lord of the Rings. "We discuss it a lot because they are similar in nature," said Lucas.

MrBishop

9! Damn...smack me with a pocket-protector and call me Betsy! :lloyd: :nerd:

I feel like a geek-wannabe who didn't get asked to the SciFi prom :(

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
"And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book."

It was my understanding that the last 3 were not going to be produced, but no doubt that's a hint in the opposite direction.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Luis G said:
It was my understanding that the last 3 were not going to be produced, but no doubt that's a hint in the opposite direction.

Guess he needs even more money...

IDLEchild

Despite dismal reviews each movie makes hordes and hordes of cash....is anyone really surprised there might be more of them.

BeardofPants

Isn't he getting a bit too old to be worrying about producing the 3 three 'sequels'?

If he does, I hope Thrawn's in them.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
BeardofPants said:
Isn't he getting a bit too old to be worrying about producing the 3 three 'sequels'?

Admiral Thrawn is a complete knee-biter. :D I prefer 'The Emporer's Hand', myself...Ms Jade...

chcr

Too cute for words
BeardofPants said:

In "Oath of Fealty" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, A reference is made to "Star Wars 26" or something like that (I don't remember the actual number and I'm too lazy to go get the book). :lol:

I just remembered something I heard about Harry Potter. As long as it keeps making money, we'll be able to look forward to "Harry Potter and the Midlife Crisis."

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
the last rumors i had heard was that lucas was actually writing the first 6 movies and then he was turning the reigns over to someone else to write the last 3. but im sure he will be involved in the producing arena.

Luis G

Staff member
samcurry said:
the last rumors i had heard was that lucas was actually writing the first 6 movies and then he was turning the reigns over to someone else to write the last 3. but im sure he will be involved in the producing arena.

As long as he isn't the director... :D :D

Luis G

Staff member
freako104 said:
didnt he direct the New Hope? other than that Id say get one of the original directors ;)

Yeah, and he also directed phantom menace and return of the clones. need i say more??

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
well the latest rumor fromthe force.net is that employees of lucas had to sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) about the episiodes 7-9....why sign if your not making them?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
It'll be Luke, Lea, and Han lounging about some planet having an incestual threeway for about 6 hours.