A little help

Professur

Re: A little helo

Well....

home made noodles, whole wheat (or gluten free, and some sprouted flax powder for Omega-3) Home made tomato sauce, low fat mozza, mixed half and half with soy cheese. Lotsa wet stuff to but fibre powder in, with probiotics enzymes vitamin-d b vitamins, folic acid.

It's a matter of with all those changes making it still taste good.

I can make anythign healthy, taste good, not so much.

dude, you just gave me the dry heaves. If that's healthy, I'll take a Big Mac and Fries to go.

BTW, where`s the taco flavoured 2lbs of beef in that mess? Replaced with tofu?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

So if you're out searching for that... is that the "'tet' offensive"?

:tomato:

No. There's a grain called tet that grows in the Ethiopian mountains. Smallest edible grain in the world. Its supposed to be the healthiest, too. I may have the spelling wrong...yep. it's actually called teff.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member

dude, you just gave me the dry heaves. If that's healthy, I'll take a Big Mac and Fries to go.

Some people go to extremes. I'm trying to eat natural. I'm never giving up my beef! I will however happily eat organic Alberta beef (tastes better than regular beef too).

BeardofPants

I have a quinoa recipe that is really tasty!

1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
1 1/3 cups quinoa (7 1/2 oz)*
1 lb firm-ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (2 cups)
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1 fresh jalapeño chile, seeded (if desired for less heat) and minced
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts (2 1/2 oz), chopped
preparation

Whisk together yogurt, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined.
Rinse quinoa in a bowl using 5 changes of water, rubbing grains and letting them settle before pouring off water (if quinoa does not settle, drain in a large sieve after each rinsing).

Cook quinoa in a 4- to 5-quart pot of boiling salted water 10 minutes. Drain in a large sieve and rinse under cold running water.

Set sieve with quinoa over a saucepan containing 1 1/2 inches boiling water (sieve should not touch water) and steam quinoa, covered with a kitchen towel and lid, until fluffy and dry, 10 to 12 minutes. Toss quinoa with curried yogurt and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature.

From epicurious.com.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have a book called "Healing with Whole Foods" will have a look to see if there's anything in there that sounds yummy.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah i've just been sticking to the oil itself so hence my confusion. so this stuff has seeds too? you'd be amazed how taking a few swift belts of the oil can loosen up the digestive tract. probably a great thing for the girls, who get constipated way more than us boys. glug glug glug and whoooosh... though the clean up can be a bit gross...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
yeah i've just been sticking to the oil itself so hence my confusion. so this stuff has seeds too? you'd be amazed how taking a few swift belts of the oil can loosen up the digestive tract. probably a great thing for the girls, who get constipated way more than us boys. glug glug glug and whoooosh... though the clean up can be a bit gross...

we sell sprouted flax powder, tastes ok, it's more for the vegan source of omega 3

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member

hahaha the add on the page is for McDonalds!

2minkey

bootlicker

Sorry. I heard it, and didn't check for spelling. The real spelling is TEFF flour. An extremely healthy grain, if I may add...

In opposition to popular belief, I actually own up to my mistakes. ;)

i think you mean in contrast to popular practice!

yeah i just wondered because i do a lot of work in the food business and i'd never heard of exactly that.