"A study" proves it

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060403/od_nm/sex_dc;_ylt=AsPtlgGcco0IM8YYz6N1dk.s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3NW1oMDRpBHNlYwM3NTc-

Sexually charged music, magazines, TV and movies push youngsters into intercourse at an earlier age, perhaps by acting as kind of virtual peer that tells them everyone else is doing it, a study said Monday.

They needed a study to prove this? I must be a freakin genius. All I had to do was look around and see what was happening.

The 13.11 year old has an infatuation with the show "Next", or as I call it, "Sluts On A Bus". The premise of this pile of shit, as near as I can decipher, is we put 5 people on a bus, and there is one person USUALLY of the opposite sex who gets to "audition" the proposed suitors untile he/she decides the current one isn't worthy, at which time he/she calls Next! and that poor soul gets a dollar a minute for their time. Generally, the bus occupants spend much time degrading and bashing the contestant. Should our contestant actually enjoy him/herself, they can ask for another date with the bus traveller. The slut (male or female) then has the option of going on the date or taking the dollar a minute. Enthralling. Fantastic lesson for our young people to be learning. Self esteem, morals, courtesy, and humility...all in one package. :grinno:

MrBishop

You gotta be shitting me? That's an actual show??:eek5:

I knew there was a reason why I gave up watching TV, and keep my kids away from it.

Winky

"Sluts On A Bus" heh heh heh

Yeah remember how hard we had to work to get laid
back in the day? Kinda cheaps things now that most
are givin' it up fer nuthin'...

Uki Chick

Kids in general have no cares in the world anymore. Teenagers are having sex at younger and younger ages, having kids when they are just kids themselves. They think it's cool to have sex at an early age, until they get pregnant and see that it isn't so cool.

TexasRaceLady

"A study"? Damn, I knew that years ago. It is hard not to notice when a 7th grader is pregnant. Or when one brings her 1 year old to school on parent night --- yes, she also brought her mother, a very proud grandmother!

chcr

Too cute for words
flavio said:
That didn't just happen recently.
:grinyes:
Thirty-some odd years ago, I had sex with the very first young lady I managed to talk into it. I was fourteen. I don't think things have changed all that much since.

MrBishop

Professur said:
Well one thing has. Now it's accepted.
Not really...the parents just aren't sending their little girls to live in a convent for the next year or so until they give birth and give up their baby for adoption.

chcr

Too cute for words
MrBishop said:
Not really...the parents just aren't sending their little girls to live in a convent for the next year or so until they give birth and give up their baby for adoption.
Exactly.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:

Too bad. It was less rampant when there were actual consequences instead of Sweet 16/Baby Shower parties.

Starya

They just started showing "next" over here. The kid watches it on occasion. He'll usually just sit commenting on how annoying and rude most of them are. He tends to favour the well behaven ones. Far apart as they may be.

2minkey

bootlicker
to me this is sorta like blaming guns for people shooting each other. i don't really blame guns. i blame "assholes" that pick up and run with a culture of selfishness that's the product of BOTH sides of the political aisle...

as to this issue, maybe tv and other media that's suggestive has an effect on kids. i'm more inclined to blame absentee parents, who let the media serve as surrogate.

there was some ween-eye at my former university (try googling "country music suicide stack wayne state") who actually asserted that country music causes suicide. of course it was shit statistical research just hoping for something to latch on to as "significant" that really isn't there. hey, in economically depressed areas areas with a buncha white people, where they play country music, there's a high suicide rate. hey, no shit? think it's the economically depressed thing, or the country music thing, that's causing folks to self-whack? yeah, i wonder. hmmm. what a fucking ass goblin.