A worrying text message...

ClarabellaUK

I've just recieved a one word text from a number that I don't recognise and that is not saved in my mobile's phonebook....

Its worrying me because the word was the C word!!!!!

Can't help thinking that if it was intended for me... who is it? And why?

Anyone had anything similar?

I imagine it could just be a mistake... someone dialling a wrong digit... but via text that's strange... normally numbers are saved to your phonebook to be selected!!!

MrBishop

Maybe it's your chaps new/old GF!

Generally text-messages are direct to contacts, but you can text direct to a number without ever saving it.

Might be a mistake. Google the number/reverse phone# lookup

Inkara1

Don't respond to it, and wait to see if anything else shows up. If so, then come back to us with the new info. If not, then don't worry about it.

tonksy

But you've seen the movies. This is how it starts! Next it'll be letters composed of newspaper clippings and housepets at a slow simmer on the stovetop.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Ohh yeah, but unless she gets a phone call of someone talking with a modified (almost robotic) voice then she shouldn't worry ;)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Maybe it's your chaps new/old GF!

Generally text-messages are direct to contacts, but you can text direct to a number without ever saving it.

Might be a mistake. Google the number/reverse phone# lookup

You can't reverse look up a cellphone number. All it'll tell you (if you're lucky) is the "registered carrier" but with number portability that can change.

tonksy

I looked up mine. It gives you Atlanta for free but you'd have to pay $15 for my name ($40 for a membership).

ClarabellaUK

One off!

Obvious mistake...

or someone I haven't quite hacked off enough to make them wanna pursue it further than a singular sending of Old Norse for ladies' parts! :lol: