Actually good music

Hector

Has anyone else noticed how the music industry is going downhill?

Before, to do music you have to be able to sing. Now ProTools can make me sound like Frank Sinatra. Before the beats for rap songs, for example, were mixed by a live DJ from records on a turntable...now it's all made with FruityLoops. Hell, I can make a rap beat with FruityLoops.

It's all crap these days. Jlo for example. No voice, nice ass. Her ass is her showcase in her videos, and her singing talents rival only those of Justin Timberlake.

Does anyone know of any worthy songs of getting? Something I can actually enjoy listening to instead of using it as whitenoise for other activities?

ris

most of modern chart pop music is utter crap, singles sales are plummeting and albums are taking a healthy drop too. i'm sure some are pirating their tunes now but i suspect that most are like me - the singles chart is drivel and most albums i wouldn't touch with a 40ft poile.

for me, music sales are dropping because a good deal of music out today is complete shite.

chcr

Too cute for words
Try some blues, retro swing or jazz. There are still talented people out there, they're just having trouble finding a venue that rewards actual talent.
headbng2.gif

greenfreak

The only fairly newish artists I've taken a real liking to within the past year or so are Coldplay and Norah Jones. Besides that, I don't see much talent out there lately. I can't stand turning on MTV2 either, it's just mainstream shit over and over.

Oh and I like a couple of songs by Sean Paul but the rest of his stuff sounds like a clone of the first song I heard by him "Get Busy".

I find myself watching VH1 more, probably because it fits more into my age group demographic than MTV does. That thought alone depresses me. :(

Hector

Crap like Shawn Desman. Cant sing, cant dance, and that pitsniffing move of his is just soooo homo.

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
Im sorry, but linkin park is teh crap

If your into the metal scene, fuck what they play on the radio/mtv and find something thats good

IDLEchild

Incubus
Coldplay
Rage against the machine
Nirvana
Prodigy
Overseer
50 cent

Music is all about what moves you. Listen to what pleases you.
Music industry is ruined by major labels for sure these days but there never is a halt in good flow of music...you just have to find it.

Hector

Nihilistic said:
Im sorry, but linkin park is teh crap

If your into the metal scene, fuck what they play on the radio/mtv and find something thats good
Yup. It's true. They do suck.

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
Astiaal, strapping young lad, nile, napalm death, berzerker, now those are good bands..

not linkin park, or korn ect ect

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Incubus
Coldplay
Rage against the machine
Nirvana
Prodigy

Like to add:

Halo
Marylin Manson (The Golden Age of Grotesque is GOOD)
Turin Brakes
Foo Fighters
Avril Lavigne (i honestly think the girl is talented, writes her own songs as well)

Especially the lyrics from Incubus, Halo and Turin Brakes are really great.

Besides those bands I don't think there's a lot of real talent around nowadays.
God, I wonder how the hell people like Britney Spears and all those bloody boybands can be taken seriously.

IDLEchild

Shadowfax said:
Like to add:

Avril Lavigne (i honestly think the girl is talented, writes her own songs as well)

Ehh...she's a poser...

Especially the lyrics from Incubus, Halo and Turin Brakes are really great.

Oh god yes....

God, I wonder how the hell people like Britney Spears and all those bloody boybands can be taken seriously.

14 and under corwd and easily manupilated into buying anything. Slick marketing backed by big labels.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Yep, I've got enough of the under 14 crowd here to verify that. It's got a strong beat, somewhat controversial without being to risque to be not allowed. It's the perfect music for that age range.

Dave

Shadowfax said:
I wonder how the hell people like Britney Spears and all those bloody boybands can be taken seriously.

they aren't. they are just meant to be fawned over.

Pink and Evanescence are 2 new artists that come to mind right away that are worth listening to.

whoreable

There must be nothing to do in sweden except play metal. there are way to many great bands from there. Right now I think swedish metal and swedish influenced metal is my fav. Although I cant deny that I still enjoy my share of hardcore and punk.

There is tons of great stuff out there for every style. You bastards have just become too lazy. There is no one to blame but yourselves.

Hector

Shadowfax said:

Avril's so cool....that tie thing is soooo innovative and frsh, and her lyrics are sooo deep. I love avril.......NOT!!!

Buttcrackdivine said:
14 and under corwd and easily manupilated into buying anything. Slick marketing backed by big labels.

For the girls there are the candyass dildofaced Greenwich boys and slutty dumb blondes....for the guys, there are the worthless talentless rappings of Nelly, Ja Rule, etc, as well as the crap that comes out of Linkin Park.[/rant]

BlurOfSerenity

un-sarcastically, i really dont see what's so wrong with Linkin Park. *loves them*

then again, my musical tastes get bashed and dissed all the time... even by close friends. all my friends hate my favorite bands :(

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
It's alright Ash, I like Linkin Park too. I also like Avril, I like alot of music, sometimes it really doesn't matter if they didn't write the music, they still perform it well.