Actually good music

whoreable

Spot said:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously he has been in like 5 bands at the same time that were all cooler than garbage. I am not the biggest FNM fan but that dude is awesome.

Inkara1

I have to admit that both "Weird Al" Yankovic and the Butthole Surfers have disappointed me with their latest albums. I've been a Weird Al fan for about two-thirds of my life, but "Poodle Hat" just isn't as funny or as good musically as the rest of his catalog. "Genius in France" is by far the worst song he has ever done in more than 20 years of work. The Butthole Surfers' "Weird Revolution" was also a disappointment, so much so that I sold it to the Wherehouse to get a few bucks for gas money.

Aunty Em

The only well known recent music that I like is by Evanesence... and they're only well known now because their single was featured in Daredevil. I have their album and I really like it... Bring me to life is OK... it's still #1 here, but I was listening to it 6 months ago and I much prefer My Immortal and Torniquet from the CD. On the strength of that single many people pidgeonhole them as Nu Metal, but actually they cross boundaries... that's how I like most of my music artists.

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
some good NEw music that i like would be black dahlia murder and haste, its all gravy

if you like evenescence try listening to lacuna coil

BlurOfSerenity

whoreable said:
they charge people to post there then ban them. pretty sweet deal for those board admins I must admit. but seriously those admins are terrible. but then again why should i want to be in a community of mostly 14 year old super serious kids that dont understand sarcasm or whem they are being made fun of.

they CHARGE people to post there??? since when???

freako104

some bands i like

Switchblade Symphony
Faith No More
Garbage
Marilyn Manson
Ozzy
Sabbath
Cradle of Filth
white zombie
grateful dead
Beatles
Ramones
Slayer
Deicide
Nirvana
Toad the Wet Sproket.

those are bands i like tho ill admit when i do listen to the radio most of it sucks theres some good stuff too

MuFu

My list:

RATM
RHCP
Incubus
Coldplay
Halo
A
Nirvana
Michael Jackson
Prodigy
Foo Fighters
Soundgarden
Roni Size
James Brown/The J.B.s etc
Halo
Queen
Stevie Wonder
Jamiroquai
Turin Brakes
Loads of Jazz/Soul stuff

Also-rans (good but not "desert island" material):

System Of A Down
Lost Prophets
Cypress Hill
The Avalanches
Eminem
Destiny's Child
Moloko
Barenaked Ladies
Madness
Daft Punk
Snoop
Chemical Brothers
The Police
Audioslave
Royksopp
Mr Scruff
Hoobastank
Blur
Moby
QOTSA
Green Day
Faithless
Soulwax

Recently gotten into...

AFI
Kyuss
Seether
Avril Lavigne
Cake
Fenix TX (they are shit)
Deftones
Hive
Godsmack
Rival Schools ("Used For Glue" - great tune)
Zebrahead
Justin Timberlake (AHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!)

Um... that's it. :)

MuFu.

MuFu

rrfield said:
three words: The White Stripes

Why not make it five and add "are crap"? :D

j/k

I'm not keen on Linkin Park either - it strikes me that a band I've been exposed to *so* much yet still don't care for really isn't worth getting into. Meteora is particularly mediocre.

On Avril Lavigne (now there's a thought...) - she's annoying, sounds dumb as hell in interviews, has a rather confused musical direction and is lyrically extremely shallow. BUT there are some great songs on "Let Go" and I agree with Shadowfax that she's doing fucking well for herself at the moment. So nice to see her in the charts over here - "Complicated" was quite the watershed - since then we've had all kinds of grungy shit on Top Of The Pops/the radio etc.

The less said about "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" and "Chop Suey" the better. :rofl4:

TUNE OF THE WEEK: "Cut The Cake" by Average White Band. HOT DAMN! :cool:

freako104

i dont care for LP either but ill admit i have respect for them. but after seeing them live at ozzfest i realised they arent all that great

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'm not keen on Linkin Park either - it strikes me that a band I've been exposed to *so* much yet still don't care for really isn't worth getting into. Meteora is particularly mediocre.

Yeah, have to agree there. When LP first came out, I thought they had some pretty good stuff, Crawling was nice, In the end, not bad, but since I got Meteora, I was quite dissapointed in the fact that I could skip to any track on the cd and it sounded the same. A band that has a sound is good, when they only have one sound, and use it over and over, not good.

rrfield

MuFu said:
Why not make it five and add "are crap"? :D

j/k

Because the White Stripes kick ass! Seriously, they do. Best interpreters of American music in quite some time.

Does anyone listen to Modest Mouse? They also kick ass.

MuFu said:

I can't stand most of these "rock" bands that are all over the place these days, like Linkin Park, Creed, uhh Godsmack, etc. They all sound exactly the same and are all very shallow lyricwise.

Some good modern bands:
White Stripes
Modest Mouse
Weezer
Ween
Sonic Youth
Soul Coughing (though I heard they broke up about 1-2 years ago)
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (jazz/bluegrass fusion, not to mention Victor Wooten, the baddest bass player since time began)
Radiohead

Some good older bands:
Talking Heads
The Cars
Beatles (duh)
Moody Blues
The Kinks
The Who
Guess Who
Janes Addiction (who I hear are on lollapalooza)

This is just my opinion, and I'm only one man.

rrfield

whoreable

Emo needs to die.

I hate linkin park.

I dont like Cradle of Filth.

I saw Fenix Tx back when they were called RiverFenix. They sucked then too.

i dont even know any of that advil chicks songs. but i am sure i am supposed to hate them cause everyone says i should.

I see In Flames friday. should be pretty rad.

rrfield

freako104 said:
ill agree with most of that but im a fan of godmack. and i dont really care for the white stripes

Well, godsmack doesnt like the White Stripes either! I rean an interview with their bass player in rolling stone a while back, he was bashing the White Stripes and the Strokes.

rrfield

BlurOfSerenity

i kidna like the white stripes. my friend kandace let me borrow a cd of theirs recently. only given it one listen so far, but liked it.

i love EMO music, and am one of those chicks who gets all EMO and cries during it.

right now i have that ONE MINUTE YOU'RE ON TOP!!! MAKING YOUR HEART STOP!!!! song from LP's meteora stuck in my head. i think those're the words :eek:hmy: :(