Advantages of being vegan

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Just let your MEP station know your dietary concerns before you leave for boot camp. They will forward your request to Parris Island, or wherever you're going. If they can accomodate you, they will. If they can't, get used to a properly cooked omnivore meal. ;)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Meat doesn't offer any nutritional value that the plant kingdom can't offer me
Certain vitamins can only be stored in fat, not water, so it's a lot harder to take in those vitamins without eating meat. :headbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Plants aren't self conscious. If you want to argue that point, bring me conclusive and absolute proof.
Read a book about plants some day. It'll tell you that plants will reach over to the source of the most sunlight. An experiment in my 2nd grade class confirmed this. A seedling was set just outside of one of the windows in the classroom, and a plant that had been growing for a while was set outside of another. Both of them eventually curled around to the window sill to reach the sunlight.

Jeslek

Banned
fury said:
Plants aren't self conscious. If you want to argue that point, bring me conclusive and absolute proof.
Read a book about plants some day. It'll tell you that plants will reach over to the source of the most sunlight. An experiment in my 2nd grade class confirmed this. A seedling was set just outside of one of the windows in the classroom, and a plant that had been growing for a while was set outside of another. Both of them eventually curled around to the window sill to reach the sunlight.
Your point? I can build a robot that will go after light and only that. That doesn't mean I'm taking a life if I remove the battery.

Pez Dispenser

Well, if one doesn´t wish to harm living beings at all, one must only refrain from eating.

Or become a Jain nun/monk.

*Goes to brutally murder a brocolli*

unclehobart

Plants growing into an advantageous position to maximize surface area against the sun is no indication of intel or a higher brain function. Its the same trigger reflex that causes plants to sprout when the conditions become favorable in the spring.

unclehobart

Pez Dispenser said:
Well, if one doesn´t wish to harm living beings at all, one must only refrain from eating.

Or become a Jain nun/monk.

*Goes to brutally murder a brocolli*
Just breathing kills 10,000 innocent microbes and mold spores every minute. Weve all murdered billions ... so whats one more? *blam* Dinners up!

Pez Dispenser

Just breathing kills 10,000 innocent microbes and mold spores every minute. Weve all murdered billions ... so whats one more? *blam* Dinners up!

Quite a shot sir! Do you like a nice red wine with your amoeba? :chef:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Hmmm.

*contemplating all that is said while I chew on a piece of beef jerky*

whoreable

i could build a robot that could chew grass all day and poop it out too. in fact it will be my best project. the hardest part will be to make it edible.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Ever heard of oils? Olive oil?
Yeah, but olive oil isn't nearly as fun to dig into.

Have you ever heard this conversation? "KIDS! Dinner! I made your favorite, green vegetables and olive oil!"
"YES!@# I LOVE A NICE JUICY BOWL OF OLIVE OIL! ALL RIGHT, MOM!"
Your point? I can build a robot that will go after light and only that. That doesn't mean I'm taking a life if I remove the battery.
The robot doesn't consume or produce, therefore it was never alive to begin with. Plants are.

Jeslek

Banned
fury said:
Ever heard of oils? Olive oil?
Yeah, but olive oil isn't nearly as fun to dig into.

Have you ever heard this conversation? "KIDS! Dinner! I made your favorite, green vegetables and olive oil!"
"YES!@# I LOVE A NICE JUICY BOWL OF OLIVE OIL! ALL RIGHT, MOM!"
The robot doesn't consume or produce, therefore it was never alive to begin with. Plants are.
I can make a robot that consume battery power, produce sound, and reproduce by building more of itself.

And, I just so happen to like olive oil a lot.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
LL just ignored my last comment about plants being living beings :elaugh2:

LastLegionary said:
HomeLAN said:
Tip: Humans are OMNIVORES!

Seems to me that it might be healthier to get a balance of nutrients by eating all types of food.
I fully agree, and other living beings aren't food. :p

Luis G said:
but this is a fact: PLANTS ARE LIVING BEINGS.

:elaugh1: