After V-Tech they didn't learn a damned thing

2minkey

bootlicker
Not quite...there was wholesale slaughter going on and it dipped substantially when prohibition got stopped and then again in the 50, when guns werent' given out willy nilly.

Match that with a more effective police force and reported crime numbers and arrests go up. Not to mention the revolution and race-wars in the 60's and 70's. ..lots of anger (and drugs and pushers) to go with the love, eh.

Controlling who can own and buy guns to stop criminals from getting them anywhere/anytime is, was and continues to be a good idea. Allow the criminal element easy and cheap access to firearms and you'll really start seeing the crime rate vault upwards.

who was giving out guns willy nilly? do you know things about the history of the US that we're unfamiliar with? did they hand out tommy guns at the local soup kitchen?

criminals already have access to cheap enough guns. the crime rate seems to have more of a relation to hard times rather than availability of guns.

i'm not against some minimal level of regulation that might, say, help to prevent mental patients (or jim, just because the drama would be amusing) from buying glocks, but much more than that... waste of time and energy.

MrBishop

who was giving out guns willy nilly?.

Juat using Jim's example of buying a gun along with a bag of chips and some smokes while buying gas. Pretty loose dontcha think?

I'd add 'those with a criminal record' to your list of restricted people.

*There's an study touching on the reverse relationship between rights to an abortion and crime rates that makes for an interesting read if you fall upon it. If I can find the link, I'll pass it on.

2minkey

bootlicker
well i don't think jim should be able to buy a gun with some chips, given that he's one of those crazy right wing guys, and might pull some kinda shenanigans at a rest stop with it.

but in the time and place where you could get firearms at the local supermarket, i don't really think there was a problem with it.

Winky

My guess is ol jimmi is already armed to the teeth.
Prolly even has some of them evil ‘assault weapons’ too!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No, Jim..that is NOT what they said to the jews in 39. Allude to you hearts' content - it will avail you nothing. The war is over, the terrorists have won..you are always afraid.

Why is it, whenever one speaks of personal protection, you guys use the term afraid? I believe that prepared is far more fitting.

Winky

We have nothing to fear, cuz we gots guns!

Oh my heavens our lil Gonzie might just be on too something there ;)

jimpeel

CSU still to be disarmed.

SOURCE

Student Arrested After Shots Fired in Virginia College Classroom

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A college student in northern Virginia has been arrested after police say he fired gunshots inside a classroom.

No injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred at the Northern Virginia Community College's Woodbridge campus.

Prince William County police spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Chinn said a student at the school pointed a gun at a teacher who "hit the floor" when she saw the gun in class Tuesday, though the suspect hadn't been identified publicly by police as of Tuesday evening.

Another police spokeswoman, Sharon Richardson, said officers responded about 2:40 p.m. to an "active shooter" situation following reports of a gunman in the main administration building.

The school implemented an emergency lockdown and later canceled classes for the day.

Click here for more on this story from MyFoxDC.com.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

jimpeel

No, Jim..that is NOT what they said to the jews in 39. Allude to you hearts' content - it will avail you nothing. The war is over, the terrorists have won..you are always afraid.

What I said:

That's what they said of the Jews in 1939. Nothing much came of it though.

Can I get an "AMEN!" for reading for comprehension?

jimpeel

ROFL!! Forgot all about organized crime, the prohibition etc... somehow, you forgot all about some of the bloodiest decades in American History ending right around the 50's - and going up when the restrictions started being loosened up again.

hmrt.gif

Note the right side of the graph and then realize that the rate is going down as 48 states require or allow CCW issuance. The AWB sunset as well.

2minkey

bootlicker
no but the attitude in your posts lately tells that you're starting to feel like yourself again, so presumably you're doing well against the hep these days. so i guess that's good...

2minkey

bootlicker
really high brow shit that the rest of us aren't smart enough to understand. let the wookie win.

jimpeel

Okay... what they said of the jews... so again, WTF are you talking (alluding) about?

Again. Reading for comprehension.

2minkey said:

no, it's not a form of fascism. there are a few things that are regulated for the common good. get over it.

I said:

That's what they said of the Jews in 1939. (They were regulated for the "common good". They could not own firearms either.)

Get it now?

MrBishop

So...you're thinking that the only thing that's stopping the GVT from taking over completely and stomping all over everyone's human rights is that the common man owns guns... ya know, Jim...that's by and far one of the longest stretches of the imagination that I've had the chance to read in decades. Maybe your Rambo headband is on a bit too tightly.

Even if the jews had had guns in the late 30's, the end result would've been the same. What they lacked was the ability to spread the news of their plight and what the Nazi gvt was doing to the outside world. Welcome to the modern age, Jim..where hiding affronts for human rights are far harder (effectively impossible) to hide, especially in the 1st world.

You don't need guns to protect yourself from the potential for evil overlords, Jim. The ballot box is your weapon and the internet is your clarion call to arms.