Age limit

Q

Altron said:
Well, I have a few "weapons of bodily harm" under my bed, I should be safe from those damn feds...
That might be what "those damn feds" are interested in.

Altron

I don't have that many weapons
4 foot long metal pipe, partly flattened and sharpened to make a sword (my cousin and I stayed up till like 4 AM making it)
Piece of wood. I have a sawed a bit off to make an axe shaped thing, sawed the axe part to a point, and duct taped a copper pipe to the back. For awhile it had a large knife on the copper pipe :)
Then I have a few pocketknives and some other bigger knifes...

Q

If that shit is really under your bed and you're not just bullshitting to impress us (which, by the way, I don't think anybody is)....then your mom and dad must be the most pathertic excuses for parents in the entire state of NJ.

Altron

Ok, there is only 1 pocketknife, and I can't find the sword (It has been under my bed at some point in time). But the axe is there (but no knife taped on)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Squiggy said:
Gato_Solo said:
Squiggy said:
Actually participating in adult themed discussions with a known 13 year old who does not have his parent's permission to be doing that. Its a whole different ball of wax once you've raised kids...

So now you're saying that we are responsible for the actions of someone elses child? Dangerous ground, Squigmeister.

Huh? How did you come to that? It says we are responsible for our own actions by participating or not in those conversations when a child is also participating...

This isn't somewhere where you can just shoo the kids out of the room, either. If their parents aren't involved enough in their lives, then, perhaps, you should find some way to contact them...

Now that sounds like you're saying we should take the responsibility for the child's actions.... :confuse3:

Steady now, Squig. I got that from the abovemost quote. Ultimately, we are only responsible to ourselves. Now, since someone brought up the criminal factor, I'll say this again...

We can either have an adult site, and not worry about people too young, by placing something in the sign-up. Whether it is defeated or not makes no difference, because you would be legally covered...

Or we can have a completely open site, like it is now, and not make an issue about what the youngsters are finding out. As I've said before, it's the parents job to watch their kids...not mine.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
No problem Gato. I was just confused by your interpretation of what I said. If this were real life and a neighbor's child walked into a conversation with an adult theme, I would send that child away and not let them participate. I just wish we could do the same here...

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
legally we are covered by just such things, and many more.
The site is not and cannot be held responsible for its contents. we serve as a protal for members to communicate with one another.
By registering you agree to this. takes the burden off of me and assigns it back to the user. that was one of my main concearns when opened the site, because of what happened at HWC.
As for making it an ADULT site, that is not really what we are, if we were the host would boot us.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
samcurry said:
legally we are covered by just such things, and many more.
The site is not and cannot be held responsible for its contents. we serve as a protal for members to communicate with one another.
By registering you agree to this. takes the burden off of me and assigns it back to the user. that was one of my main concearns when opened the site, because of what happened at HWC.
As for making it an ADULT site, that is not really what we are, if we were the host would boot us.

I see your point about the 'ADULT site' term. I meant more along the lines of adult conversation...vis a vis, not child oriented. It's a little confusing, but only if you focus just on the word adult...

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Well, in my opinion, Altron, you are too young for some of the content discussed here. But it's not up to us to censor that from you. Thing is, for a few of us, it's a little uncomfortable to post some of the little naughty bits when we know a 13 yr old is going to read it.

You will go somewhere else, if not here, and get the same thing. sammy said something along the lines of "in the end, aren't we jsut massaging our own consciences" (not verbatum, but close). I think, really, that's it.

Altron

How do you know I am too young?
You've never met me in that funny little place we like to call RL...