Album cover help

tonksy

So, in a nutshell, I am going to design the t-shirt for the school's fun run (with or without help, I am not certain). The theme is Rock the Creek. They may want it to resemble the Guitar Hero cover but I am hoping not.
What I had in mind is a semi-take off of an album cover but my old addled brain cannot recall who's cover it was. It had skulls and red roses but it wasn't The Grateful Dead's skeleton with a rose headband thing. I thought it was a RHCP's thing but apparently not.
Anyone have any idea?

tonksy

See, I did a brief search of GnR covers and came up with only the gun one...that ain't working. I could dig deeper though. I appreciate the help.

I am kinda partial to the Grateful Dead Reckoning cover though.

GrandCaravanSE

AHRID2BK.jpg

tonksy

I saw that too, Caravan...but wanted to copy (sorta) the album cover for that retro feel.

Paul, nope. These were body-less skulls.

I am not tied to the idea. I did just speak to someone on the committee that mentioned they might like several idea concepts from me and we could allow the kids to vote. I definitely want to work on the Reckoning one and then I will do a skulls and roses thing...maybe a flaming guitar.
I am going for old school album covers and tattoo art in a rock and roll theme.
I appreciate your input. Got anymore ideas?

chcr

Too cute for words
Seems the only ones I really find memorable are the weird ones.

REO's You Can Tune a Piano but You Can't Tuna Fish or the Roger Dean stuff from Yes, y'know?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
How about a crossraods type scene, a foggy twilight, a man in a trenchcoat, fedora carrying a blues guitar standing by a stream