Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan

2minkey

bootlicker
barrel length doesn't = accuracy. i have a 16" that will consistently ding 4" plates at 400 yards. the 18" is a 1/2 MOA barrel. yours prolly has a military grade barrel that shoots 2-3 MOA.

catocom

where is it that they still make their own guns that have to stay in state ????
is it Utah, or Wyoming?

catocom

I suppose he does.
He's made several customs, and said he had everything needed.
Winky you right that "I" don't know, but He does.
He's been doing machine work for 50+ years.

Winky

So any piece meal machine shop has all the required machines to create a cold hammer forged 20" M-16 1a rifle barrel?

2minkey

bootlicker
cato, give it up, the guy can't make it. i'm sure he can do a barrel just fine out of 416 or 410 stainless but what i am looking for is only available from two places in the US.

Winky

so what's the issue? they are really expensive and have an extensive backlog of orders?

2minkey

bootlicker
they are unavailable. all existing stock is sold out. dealers don't know if/when they will be restocked. they are made in big runs only once in a while. that's the only economical way to make them 'cause set-up costs are high. looking for one from a private seller but i'm not going to pay 3x normal for it. oh and the 20" is only made by one company. in the wrong diameter, but i can have it turned down to the retro "pencil" profile.

Winky

well that's a whole lotta 'oh hell no' right there
so yeah that project sure as hell isn't going to get completed
before the zombie apocalypse

but I'm tellin yeah the 20" barrel makes a difference
I know you'd love it n prolly keep it fer yerself

2minkey

bootlicker
that particular 20" may make a difference for you but generally... oh, wait, it's the sight radius. that's why it seems more accurate. more space between the sights = more precision. on a 20" the front sight is significantly further out there...

google "dissipator." 16" barrel w/sight radius of a 20" - there's a reason people like 'em.