An interesting thought

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I just realized this...my dad, my brother and I all called my dog by nicknames...her name was Gizmo but we often called her "Giz" "Gizzy" "Gizzy-Goo" "Giz-e-mo" etc...my mom however always called her "Gizmo". My mom hates nicknames, and even though she didn't really care too much for the dog she still never called her a nickname...weird eh?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I go the other way a lot. Our German Police dog Louie is often called Louis. My parents have two dogs, Alice and Sandy, who I call Alicia and Sandra. Elvis was just Elvis...still miss that lazy mutt...

Our housecat Rascal is sometimes referred to as Appropriately Named Feline.

TexasRaceLady

My Akita's name is Bud ---- I often call him BD

Depending on my mood, or something he's done,
BD could stand for

Brain Dead
Big Dog
Bad Dog
Baby Dog -- some find that strange since he weighs about 115lbs

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Her name is Isis. But it has derived into Isisoza, Ichi, Ichivan, titi. Other nicks she has are perro, buru, bubulubu, perrorro, rorro and some others I can't remember :D

Professur

Would it really shock you to find someone else who speaks Polish? It's the third most common language in Ireland, y'know.

Stop Laughing

I just know they got good sausage. :)

Nixy, I know someone who called their cat by its nickname 'Gizzo', but its real name was Gizornmplat (not sure about the exact spelling, but I don't know anyone that is either). Imagine your mom calling that cat by its name all the time...