And to the surprise of absolutely no one...

spike

You can not join various hate groups too. Has shit to do with whether they are discriminatory though. You didn't really have a point though did you?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You can not join various hate groups too.

You're absolutely right. So, I won't. End of story. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Standard liberal ideology...don't discrimibate unless we don't like it then it's okay.

spike

Who said they can't exist? The discussion is whether or not there was discrimination.

Is arguing a point that wasn't made standard conservatism?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Since you quoted him...

Since when is the military a hate group? There is no regulation in existence that bars anybody physicall/mentally fit to serve provided they follow the rules.

spike

Didn't call the military a hate group. Pay attention.

and quit acting like you can't read my posts only when your arguements are weak. :rolleyes:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The discussion is whether or not there was discrimination.

IT DOESN'T MATTER...the military has it's rules. Don't like them? Don't join. There are rules in place-for a reason. Don't understand them? Don't join.

spike

Again, the discussion was about whether or not there was discrimination.

If you don't like the subject you don't have to join in either.

spike

UCMJ and the link for the Manual for Courts-Martial. He won't understand, but there you go...

You don't understand that rules enforcing discrimination has shit to do with whether there is discrimination.

If the rules said you can practice buddhism while in the military but not christianity it would be discrimination against christians. Whether you knew the rules beforehand and joined anyway doesn't change the fact that the rule is discriminatory.

spike

Or one you couldn't understand.

I think you don't understand. If a group rules say "No Irish" and you don't have to join and choose not to join the group does that mean they don't discriminate against Irish?

You had no point.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It means it doesn't matter if they hate the Irish. Once the rules are established & they are known, it's time to move on or join. But there is no point is bitching about what you can't, and shouldn't be able to, change.

Gato_Solo

You don't understand that rules enforcing discrimination has shit to do with whether there is discrimination.

If the rules said you can practice buddhism while in the military but not christianity it would be discrimination against christians. Whether you knew the rules beforehand and joined anyway doesn't change the fact that the rule is discriminatory.

Show me where the rules are arbitrarily discriminatory due to religion, sex, or race.

Gotholic

Re: The subject of whether or not sodomy rules are discriminatory

The antisodomy rules are discriminatory.

"Discrimination" usually has a negative connotation, however, it is not intrinsically wrong to discriminate in the military.

Gato_Solo

Re: The subject of whether or not sodomy rules are discriminatory

The antisodomy rules are discriminatory.

"Discrimination" usually has a negative connotation, however, it is not intrinsically wrong to discriminate in the military.

Psst...read my post above you.