Animated av's

tonksy

So...None of my animated avatars seem to work here. The pic shows up sans animation. I tried enterring the URL and then I tried uploading from my computer but neither worked. Am I missing something?

A.B.Normal

So...None of my animated avatars seem to work here. The pic shows up sans animation. I tried enterring the URL and then I tried uploading from my computer but neither worked. Am I missing something?

There was an issue awhilst back where it wouldn't let some of us even upload an animated av,is this what your experiencing or are you actually able to upload and it doesn't move.Try uploading one and see if it works for others,it may be a cache issue at your end only.

Bish's post on the animated av issue he was having. http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22737

tonksy

That doesn't sound like the trouble I am having. I can upload and I can link the image but it doesn't move but I only have the non-moving issue in the avatar department. Here are the images in question:
hula.gif

and

v.gif

tonksy

'Course looking at it now it might be a size issue but they showed up smaller as my av...just not moving.

A.B.Normal

'Course looking at it now it might be a size issue but they showed up smaller as my av...just not moving.

well I know my av doesn't look animated but the large version is,what are you using to resize,sometimes that'll remove the animation.

tonksy

Funny thing is is that I wasn't resizing. The images appear much smaller on my photobucket page and I guess I was equating that to be it's real size. I was surprised to see them so large in my above post. Perhaps the board was automatically resizing them and that is what made the animation null and void.

A.B.Normal

Funny thing is is that I wasn't resizing. The images appear much smaller on my photobucket page and I guess I was equating that to be it's real size. I was surprised to see them so large in my above post. Perhaps the board was automatically resizing them and that is what made the animation null and void.

Could very well be ,I know if you attach a .gif at OTC it doesnt animate untill you click to open the attached file.

tonksy

Well, I tried a smaller animated .gif and it works so I guess I figured out the issue, huh?