Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot By Gunman

jimpeel

RM,

DCCC-targeted-republican.jpg

Note that they do not know the difference between buses and busses. Buses is the plural of bus and busses is the plural of buss. They are quite different things.

ResearchMonkey

Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot By leftis commie boy

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.”

-- President Barrack Hussein Obama

obamagun1245547i.jpg

:coffee:

jimpeel

The Palin graphic in perspective.

You will have to go to the story to see the illustrations.

SOURCE

Palin ‘Target’ Graphic in Perspective
James Joyner · Sunday, January 9, 2011 · 80 Comments

Steven Taylor has already posted on the now-infamous Palin “Target” Graphic, in which the Gabriel Gifford’s congressional district was depicted in crosshairs of “20 House Democrats from districts we carried in 2008 voted for the health care bill” and proclaiming with “IT’S TIME TO TAKE A STAND.”

palin-target-graphic-cropped

As horrendous as this looks in hindsight, with Giffords fighting for her life and six others, including a federal judge and a 9-year-old girl, dead, the fact of the matter, as Alex Massie points out, “Palin’s poster was only a souped-up version of a campaign trope that both parties have been happy to employ in the past.” He points us to a posting from John Sexton from last March showing similar graphics employed by the moderate Democratic Leadership Council and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

The DLC one appeared in the December 13, 2004 edition of Blueprint Magazine:

dlc-targeting-strategy

The article by Will Marshall is perfectly benign campaign strategizing. But it has targets on Republican-held states that Bush won by less than 10 points in 2004. It’s called “Targeting Strategy.” It says, in all caps, “BEHIND ENEMY LINES.” (And, incidentally, it turned out to be rather prescient, as Barack Obama indeed won several of these states in 2008.)

The DCCC one is from February 23, 2010:

dccc-target-map

Clicking on the targets reveals this:

dccc-targeted-republican

So far as I know, neither of the above Democratic graphics led to any shooting sprees. Then again, there’s no current evidence that yesterday’s shooter was inspired by the Palin graphic, either. Neither Alex nor I are Palin fans, by any stretch of the imagination. But she’s simply not culpable in yesterday’s outrage.

ResearchMonkey

RM,

Note that they do not know the difference between buses and busses. Buses is the plural of bus and busses is the plural of buss. They are quite different things.

That's a hard catch, you're good. While I wouldn't have noticed, nor would most people, the lefty's would make a federal case out if once word got fed to them on a spoon. spike would be screaming all over it had this mistake been from one of Sahah's employees.

ResearchMonkey

It's almost funny. A democrat has a bullet put straight though her brain and they say she's responding OK. Lucky she didn't get shot in the ass, she'd be a vegetable.

ResearchMonkey

RM,

You know Jim, you may have discovered a very important point. Maybe this is exactly the type of "illiterate grammar" that pushed the shooter to kill people. -- The Dems drove him over the edge.

We MUST outlaw poor grammar.

jimpeel

In true Democrat leftist form they are already using this event as a fund raising tool. Have they no shame?

SOURCE

Unbelievable: Democrat group using Gifford shooting for fundraiser!

by Warner Todd Huston

An extreme, left-wing Democrat group calling itself 21st Century Democrats has had the gall to send out an email blast using as a fundraising tool Saturday’s criminal shooting of Representative Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona. Judge John Roll and four others were killed in the incident, one of them a 9-year-old girl, but these Democrats are ignorant enough to be using this incident to try and squeeze donations from its supporters. Some might think the action of 21st Century Democrats is itself a crime — a crime against decency.

The email blast sent out Sunday morning to its supporters tells members that “we don’t know yet” why Jared Loughner shot Gabrielle Giffords but goes on to lay the blame on Sarah Palin and Gifford’s opponent in the past election for using “violent imagery” in his campaign.

The email goes on to ask members to “join us in sharing your thoughts and prayers to the Congresswoman and her family by visiting our website where we have set up a page for you to do so.” Naturally once you click on the link you are taken to a page that prominently displays the group’s DONATE NOW button. It is not in the slightest way discreetly designed. As soon as you go to this so-called prayers page you see a large button asking for donations and another one underneath it urging visitors to “sign up” for email blasts and information.

Disgustingly, 21st Century Democrats is using this crime in a fundraising effort.

Gauche is hardly a strong enough word to describe this action.

21st Century Democrats is no unheard of fringe group, either. Styling itself as one that is “building a progressive majority from the grassroots up,” it is interesting to note that some major top-down players in the Democrat Party founded the group. The group was created in 1986 by Senator Tom Harkin, a powerful Democrat from Iowa, and was co-founded by left-wing pundit Jim Hightower and former Illinois Congressman Lane Evans. These folks are hardly “grassroots” sort of folks.

Worse, even as this email blast accuses Sarah Palin and former candidate Jesse Kelly for using “violent imagery” and for “targeting” Giffords, this group is associated directly with The Daily Kos run by Markos Moulitsas who used precisely that same sort of “targeting” rhetoric last year during the campaign for the midterm elections.

In 2009 21st Century Democrats joined the Service Employees International Union, The Daily Kos and others in a new political action committee (PAC) called Accountability Now PAC.

Will 21st Century Democrats quit this PAC now that it has become aware that Markos Moulitsas used the same “violent imagery” and “targeting” rhetoric against Gabrielle Giffords? Will this purported “grassroots” groups founded by powerful members of Congress avoid charges of hypocrisy and stand on its supposed principle?

I’ll bet you’ll know the answer to that already.

ResearchMonkey

Journalists urged caution after Ft. Hood, now race to blame Palin after Arizona shootings

On November 5, 2009, Maj. Nidal Hasan opened fire at a troop readiness center in Ft. Hood, Texas, killing 13 people. Within hours of the killings, the world knew that Hasan reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before he began shooting, visited websites associated with Islamist violence, wrote Internet postings justifying Muslim suicide bombings, considered U.S. forces his enemy, opposed American involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan as wars on Islam, and told a neighbor shortly before the shootings that he was going "to do good work for God." There was ample evidence, in other words, that the Ft. Hood attack was an act of Islamist violence.

Nevertheless, public officials, journalists, and commentators were quick to caution that the public should not "jump to conclusions" about Hasan's motive. CNN, in particular, became a forum for repeated warnings that the subject should be discussed with particular care.
Dear God liberals are fucking hypocrites.

:coffee:

jimpeel

Now, if you wanna see some really nutty shit just read on.

SOURCE

Opportunist Democrat: Let's Ban Crosshair Images
There certainly is no shortage of stupidity coming from Democrats in the wake of the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords and the murders in Arizona Saturday.

Here's the latest inane nonsense.

Representative Bob Brady of Pennsylvania told The Caucus he plans to introduce a bill that would ban symbols like that now-infamous campaign crosshair map.

"You can't threaten the president with a bullseye or a crosshair," Mr. Brady, a Democrat, said, and his measure would make it a crime to do so to a member of Congress or federal employee, as well.

Asked if he believed the map incited the gunman in Tucson, he replied, "I don't know what's in that nut's head. I would rather be safe than sorry."

He continued, "This is not a wakeup call. This is a major alarm going off. We need to be more civil with each other. We need to tone down this rhetoric."​

Sure, it would be nice of the left to tone down the rhetoric. In the hourse since the incident Saturday I've seen a media gang-rape of Sarah Palin coming from that side while the right offers prayers and condolences. It's been a one-sided feeding frenzy and orgy of hatred for Palin. Try taking your own advice, Congressman.

ResearchMonkey

My wife came home shopping and gave me a bag of popcorn from Target.

414492542388a15a0786.jpg

I think she was trying to get me killed. I had her arrested.

spike

As reported by a liberally minded individual who hates GW Bush, just like you. Confirmed for friend, school mate, college mate and even had a band together with the shooter

If you were more observant you'd have noticed right in this "friends" postings they said they haven't seen him in 3 years. Then again you would also have noticed his decidedly not liberal YouTube videos that he had made quite recently.

Oh well, I'll just have to help you out with stuff like this.

ResearchMonkey

If you were more observant you'd have noticed right in this "friends" postings they said they haven't seen him in 3 years. Then again you would also have noticed his decidedly not liberal YouTube videos that he had made quite recently.

Oh well, I'll just have to help you out with stuff like this.
So you're assu...ing that he had a complete life changing transition in 3 years with zero evidence of to support your delusion.

Yeah, again you're making an incredible stretch with absolutely no hint of fact to base it on other than you're magical wizard of great power.

He didn't move right, he fell deeper into the dark pit of the liberalism, a mental diorder.