Aurora Alert

tommyj27

Not really Banned
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
AURORA ALERT!
[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A coronal mass ejection (CME) is racing toward Earth and it could spark a severe geomagnetic storm when it arrives--perhaps tonight (Sept. 14th and 15th). People everywhere should be alert for auroras.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]source
[/font]

A.B.Normal

Last week there was a pretty good show put on ,quite surprised me as we don't get them all that frequently.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i'm heading out here in about an hour to drive out to the middle of nowhere and scope em out.

MrBishop

They're beautiful, but I'm in the same situation as GF. Far too much light polution. I wish this would happen on a weekend or something, where I caould haul ass to the cabin and have a real looksee :(

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Heading outside in 20 minutes or so, you can see stars here.

I have seen them before in edmonton..

me: what the hell is that

friends kid: Northern lights dummy

Inkara1

rrfield said:
i thought you were talking about nipples upon first glance.
I thought he was talking about a discontinued Oldsmobile

I can see the stars pretty well from my apartment, but I think I'm too far south to see any sort of aurora.

Starya

We see them all the time. As kids we'd run about waving something white at it. Why? Because someones grandpa' told us not to. It would come after us then. :p

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Starya said:
We see them all the time. As kids we'd run about waving something white at it. Why? Because someones grandpa' told us not to. It would come after us then. :p

So that's where Abba and Ace of Base came from. :lol2: