Back to the 80's

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
My stupid have-to-bash-it-to-make-it-move mouse finally died. So I go to Wal-Mart and get another one, and all is right with the world. Smoooooooooth surfing. Two days later, we go out for two hours. And in that time, the kid !DROPS! it. It exploded. :(

The only mouse I have till I get out again in a couple days is another have-to-bash-it-to-make-it-move one I dug out of a box from 5 years ago. The best part is - it has no wheel. Surfing is so hard now!

It's amazing that what once was normal now seems SO difficult!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Wal-Mart is unusually lenient in their return policy.

Take it back & get a new one.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Speaking of mice...I sat down at my mom's computer yesterday and the mouse (an old wheel mouse) was being so retarded. So, I yelled out and asked her if she has been having an problems and she says no. So, I popped out the ball and HOLY HELL! You should have seen the dust on the rollers. I'm talking more dust than I've EVER seen in a wheel mouse. So, I cleaned it out and then it was good. When I left I told my mom that if she didn't notice a problem with her mouse before she's gonna be be heaven with how it works now!

markjs

Banned
Mice have balls in them? I vaguely remember something like that, but my advice to you is....GO OPTICAL! Mice with balls....How 90's! What-ever!

BeardofPants

There's no way I could do half the work I do with a ball-mouse. I hafta do some pretty high-precision work sometimes for the military, and the last thing I'd need would be a sticky mouse. o.0

Inkara1

Remember the days of no power steering?

Actually, no... I learned to drive in a 1962 Ford Fairlane with power steering.

Well, my dad's 1967 Ranchero has no power steering, but I've only driven it a couple of times.

Aunty Em

Hm, well I've had a reliant robin, a lada and a ford cortina... what t' hell is power steering? Oh yeah, it's that thing wimps use in their cars... LOL

I've only had power steering since I got my corsa.

unclehobart

Les, troll the thrift stores. Mice are usually 2-4$ a pop.

Auntie, you don't need power steering in a country where the average car can be lifted by 3 adults. Our vehicles are a bit longer and heavier o'er here. I dare say power steering is a must on half of the cars on the road.

I remember being in school in 84 when my friends 73 Grand Torino (an absolute monster of a car) lost its power steering. It was impossible to turn the wheel unless the car was in some form of motion. A five mile drive would leave you drenched in sweat. It was right at 4000 pounds.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Mice have balls in them? I vaguely remember something like that, but my advice to you is....GO OPTICAL! Mice with balls....How 90's! What-ever!

*I* don't have a mouse with a ball. Actually, I have a laptop and don't have a mouse at all. For the amount my mom uses her computer it would be silly for her to spend the money when the mouse she has works fine.

tonksy

I hate drag and drop on a lappy. I walked in on the school's art teacher reaching her wits end because she was trying to move a graphic on her lappy by just an inch and couldn't get it to do it. I tried and failed as well.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I hate drag and drop on a lappy. I walked in on the school's art teacher reaching her wits end because she was trying to move a graphic on her lappy by just an inch and couldn't get it to do it. I tried and failed as well.

I use my thumb to hold down the button and my pointer finger on the sensor pad to move it around. I have never had an issue. I think if it was one of those little eraser things instead of a touch pad I might have some issues.

catocom

Wal-Mart is unusually lenient in their return policy.

Take it back & get a new one.

:laugh:
damnit gonz, you 'bout made me spew.

anyway since this is otc and balls were mention......:p

Mothballs...:D
I've had to get some the other dat to put about.
I started to pickup my kb the other day to put in my lap to type, and
there was this ...well... Big ...scorpion climbing on it.:eek5:
then after they were put out, out of seemingly nowhere, thei locust jumps
on my shoulder.:erm:
I guess it is because of the heat, and drought we've been in/under.

I can't figure out how the get in.:confused:

Been OK again now since then though.

Professur

Les, just learn the keyboard shortcuts and quit wasting your time with a mouse.

Cat ..... scorpions????? noone said anything about scorpions.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It's funny cause I used to know all the keyboard shortcuts. There were no mousies when I started with computers. There were no Windows, neither :lloyd:

I can't take it back, cause that would be wrong. So I'm just gonna wait till I start back at work Friday and grab a good optical one at Walmart next door.

catocom

Les, just learn the keyboard shortcuts and quit wasting your time with a mouse.

Cat ..... scorpions????? noone said anything about scorpions.

They are not like a plague...there's way more wasps, hornets and bees around.
These scorpions aren't normally deadly like the ones in Africa.
They are usually about 1/2-3/4 inches wide, by 1-2 inches in length.
They are also black, or dark brown.
I've never been stung, by my bro has...years ago. It's about like a hornet sting,
which ain't no fun.