Bacon>Toys

K62

I have never been a big fan of bacon. When I actually do eat it I buy and cook it my self. I buy the lean stuff, cook it well, and make sure to get all the grease off of it with paper towel.

K62

Actually, this topic reminds me of something I was wondering before.

I have a cousin that married a man from North Carolina. They came back up here for Christmas and had some pictures. In some of the pictures they were deep frying a damn turkey!

Is this a normal practice down there? I couldn't imagine eating deep fried turkey. Bluck! Doesn't sound that healthy or appetizing to me at all! *puke*

Inkara1

Actually, I hear that the turkey turns out very well, in a lot less time than baking it.

I prefer my dad's version, cooked on the Weber Kettle, myself. (The Weber Kettle is a barbecue.)

K62

Ah, I have never had anything but in the oven. Eating turkey cooked in oil seems like a heart attack waiting to happen to me! Or this just like a special occasion thing?

HomeLAN

I've never done it, but my bro-in-law has. He swears the meat came out the most tender and juicy he's ever had.

tonksy

K62 said:
Ah, I have never had anything but in the oven. Eating turkey cooked in oil seems like a heart attack waiting to happen to me! Or this just like a special occasion thing?
fried turkey is the bestestestest! it's a cajun thing that is spreading. it's not as greasy as you think...dip that bird in peanut oil and it sears the skin shut, keeping in all the juices. if you drain it properly it is not oily at all.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
My favorite burger is still Carl's Jr.'s Guacamole Bacon Six-Dollar Burger. Yummy. :D

Man I miss them.

In n Out too...double double & fries...life may not be any better. Oh, Der Weinerschnitel too. And Whataburger.

The midwest has crap fast food :(

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
K62 said:
Actually, this topic reminds me of something I was wondering before.

I have a cousin that married a man from North Carolina. They came back up here for Christmas and had some pictures. In some of the pictures they were deep frying a damn turkey!

Is this a normal practice down there? I couldn't imagine eating deep fried turkey. Bluck! Doesn't sound that healthy or appetizing to me at all! *puke*

Somebody I knew got a fryer to try. The turkey as fabulous, fast & juicy. Hot.

The leftovers tasted like last nights freedom fries ;)

Inkara1

Gonz said:
Man I miss them.

In n Out too...double double & fries...life may not be any better. Oh, Der Weinerschnitel too. And Whataburger.

The midwest has crap fast food :(
No Whataburger here, and the nearest Wienerschnitzel is down south or in Fresno... maybe Bakersfield too. At In-N-Out, I like to order the 4x4 off the "secret menu."

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Whataburger is in AZ, NM, TX & OK. Huge, tasty burgers. There was a Weinerschnitzel in Marina Del Rey & we were in Venice. They were hard to find. In n Out Burger never needed anything else. It would have to be sumthin speshal to beat the double double.

Inkara1

I knew of Wataburger from when I'd visit my grandparents in Dallas. They would sponsor the dot races during the 7th inning at texas Rangers games. If your color dot won, you'd get a free hamburger or something. I always somehow ended up with several dots, and it was somehow always the one color I didn'thave that won... well, I think my color won one year but I didn't redeem the coupon, because you have a short window of time to do it.

Inkara1

BTW, for what the 4x4 is at In-N-Out... think of the double-double as a 2x2 and it should be obvious what a 4x4 is. A 5x5 or a 6x6 would be just too much,