BAD DRIVERS!!!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
so, I was stuck in traffic this morning, and the radio guys where doinga phone in thing about driving pet peeves

I live in Quebec, some of the most insane drivers in north america.

Here are my driving pet peeves

Double lines...people that means do NOT cross them
Use your damn flicker
tailgaters
Bike courriers
if you are driving slow...stay in the slow lane
SUV drivers
soccer moms
civics with those big mufflers
16 year old drivers who have yet to realize their own mortality
old men with hats
people who cut in front of the bus
any jeep that has those huge tires, that you KNOW has never ever been off road
jesus saves bumper stickers

tonksy

is a flicker a blinker? i'm assuming so....i like old men in hats....but then i've never driven behind one....

tonksy

freako104 said:
if your driving behind someone and you cant see them get out of the lane
well, that works in the city, whatchya gonna do on those old country roads? i guess pass illegally like everybody else....

Dave

you forgot:
drivers that pull all the way to the left/right to take a right/left...at 5mph
drivers that cut you off when you are the only one on the road and drive at 10mph
idiots talking on cell phones while driving
drivers that tailgate you for going too slow when you are the 5th car in line.

MrBishop

I cannot...nor will I ever, condone people who tailgate me...ever

I have slammed on my brakes and gotten rear-ended before...I drive a POS *piece of shit* but it's a big-ol' POS...with a solid frame and all-steel body...chances are...the little fuckin' honda Civics that do tailgate are made of plastic and will get turned into little plastic bits if they do hit me...too bad. :grumpy:

I've slowed down to 60kph in a 100kph zone to get people off my ass. :p

People who hit their high-beams...HA! They can crank that little fuckin' switch until their fingers bleed for all I care...if I'm speeding in the fast lane (and I DO SPEED) but still not going fast enough for them...they can pass on the right.
:headbang:

- End of Rave -

That was my last post on this noble subject.

CydCharisse

all my pet peeves deal with people and they way they drive

Use your damn flicker
tailgaters
if you are driving slow...stay in the slow lane
SUV drivers
soccer moms
16 year old drivers who have yet to realize their own mortality
drivers that cut you off when you are the only one on the road and drive at 10mph
idiots talking on cell phones while driving
especially these.....

Mirlyn

paul_valaru said:
jesus saves bumper stickers
I hate those, and there are a LOT here in biblebelt. I also hate:
1. People who run red-lights/stopsigns (happens more than daily)
2. Ass-riders.
3. People who go to pass and see my radar detector, and then decide to match my speed. In my blindspot.
4. People who drop 5-10 mph below the limit when they see a cop. Even a parked one. Even just a parked cop car with nobody in it.
5. Those who turn left after a yellow.
6. SUVs. People just don't know how to drive them. They're either reckless or way too cautious.

AnomalousEntity

Mirlyn said:
with nobody in it.
5. Those who turn left after a yellow.

I have not read any driving manuals lately but when I took drivers ed, this was an established rule of driving.

When making a left on green, pull out into the intersection "Claiming your intersection".

Yield to oncoming traffic, if the light turns yellow...you still must yield.

If the light turns red and you are still present in your claimed intersection, quickly make your left to clear the intersection.

Ok I paraphrased, but this is textbook driving so I take issue with that one.

AnomalousEntity

MrBishop said:
That was my last post on this noble subject.
:beardbng:

100% AGREE with that post!

But if your driving without your dammed headlights off or with your PARKING lights on rather than your head lights...I will flash.

PARKING LIGHTS ARE FOR PARKING, not driving in dark or near dark.

Oh and by the way....FOG LIGHTS ARE FOR FOG.

They do do anything under normal driving conditions except blind on coming traffic while making you "think you look cool"

Oz

All my driving problems start and end with BLEEDIN' TAXI DRIVERS!!

Where do these idjeets learn to drive? The Nippon Kamakazee Driving School?

Maniacs.........

This post is possibly influenced by the fact that this afternoon I was cut off by a taxi, while on a roundabout no less, took me ten minutes to catch up with him.........then the bastard took off again before I got his door open. Thank you.

Mirlyn

AnomalousEntity said:
I have not read any driving manuals lately but when I took drivers ed, this was an established rule of driving.

When making a left on green, pull out into the intersection "Claiming your intersection".

Yield to oncoming traffic, if the light turns yellow...you still must yield.

If the light turns red and you are still present in your claimed intersection, quickly make your left to clear the intersection.

Ok I paraphrased, but this is textbook driving so I take issue with that one.

Perhaps I should clarify. Making a complete turn after a yellow. Case in point. Someone has pulled into the intersection (which I hate when people do because then they smash their head against the window to see around the oncoming left-turn lane, yet continute to creep forward thinking it'll get easier to see, but, whatever). Light turns yellow, car waits for oncoming traffic to stop, and then turns. When he does, so does three or four cars behind him, who were not in the intersection to begin with. They just dont want to wait for another green light. What ends up happening is when you're on the left or right side of the intersection, you have to wait sometimes five to ten seconds while the idiots make their turn in front of you before you can go. A new green around here doesn't mean go, it means yield to the assholes still in the intersection.

Dave

ooh ooh ooh....how about the jerks that leave the high beams on because they have a low beam light out...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Actually it was CHOM

mix until the top ten list, then CHOM until the 5 to 8 "terry home album"

then I'm either on the bus, or change to the buzz.

lot's of raido in the moring, long drive from Laval every morning, and lot's of horrible drivers

Professur

I missed that. I spent the better part of the morning at a gas station in Granby, waiting for my boss to show up with the gas card for the company truck I was driving. Seems the a-holio who drove it last walked off with it in his pocket. FM reception out there sucks bigtime.

Professur

Almost ran outta gas on the way back from my 6am service call in Sherbrooke. Pulled in at Granby, and went fishing for the gas card and came up empty.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
that would piss me off.

I freaked when the companies reno depot card (reno is a hardware store) went missing