Bad Food

Stop Laughing

Nope. Actually, I slipped and fell on my way to the kitchen (have I mentioned my house is a mess?) and bruised my hip pretty good, and that was just enough time to burn the noodles on the edge of the pot.

BlurOfSerenity

the second i saw nix's first post, i thought of something i too thought would be totally rad but ended up disgusted by, and it seems it fits quite nicely into the rest of the thread:

chef boyardee beefaroni mixed with a can of tuna (prepared with mayo).

i had thought of stirring up such a concoction for a few days before i actually did it, and i was really quite disappointed at how vomitous it truly turned out to be :(

but my favorite mix-in for macncheese (which i will now start calling KD just to confuse my my fiance Jay) is definitely stewed tomatoes. i like to eat the actual tomatoes first, and then stir the tomato juice in with the noodles and eat that.

then again, tomato with anything is usually pretty good. tonight i made some jasmine brown rice and i put sliced up grape tomatoes and soy sauce in it. mmm, so good. that rice cooker was definitely worth the $15US!

tonksy

Once we were out of mayo and I wanted to make my spicy red pepper dip...well we had yogurt and I was inspired by Indian cuisine and mixed the red pepper paste in with the yogurt annd added salt and lemon juice....then I noticed that the yogurt was not plain but vanilla flavored. It was awful, just awful.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
ash r said:
but my favorite mix-in for macncheese (which i will now start calling KD just to confuse my my fiance Jay) is definitely stewed tomatoes. i like to eat the actual tomatoes first, and then stir the tomato juice in with the noodles and eat that.

then again, tomato with anything is usually pretty good. tonight i made some jasmine brown rice and i put sliced up grape tomatoes and soy sauce in it. mmm, so good. that rice cooker was definitely worth the $15US!

Macaroni and canned tomatoes is a staple in these parts. I was raised on the stuff, and you can get it in some mom-n-pop diners sometimes still. I don't care for the pulp of canned tomatoes though, so I just boil the noodles and add tomato juice. Yummy!

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
Macaroni and canned tomatoes is a staple in these parts. I was raised on the stuff, and you can get it in some mom-n-pop diners sometimes still. I don't care for the pulp of canned tomatoes though, so I just boil the noodles and add tomato juice. Yummy!

:barfonu:

Professur

Yup. And if that doesn't tell you how gross that is ......

Good God, jsut the thought of it puts me off. Intestines chopped up and floating in fresh blood. Well, no fears of breaking my diet today.

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
FTR, I have never touched haggis in my life, and have no plans to do so anytime soon.

You've eaten sausage? The only difference is that haggis is made of mutton parts instead of pig or cow. I could serve it to ya, and tell ya it was Scottish Meatloaf and you've never know or care.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
32686.jpg

and it STILL looks like that.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:

I like noodles with tomato soup...sometimes I add spices and groundbeef...it's along the same lines...no?

The soup being used as a sauce for the pasta...not the pasta being used to make the tomato soup into a "noodle soup"for the record...