Baseball trades

abooja

Yes, the money is good. But is it that much better than what the Red Sox offered? Was it worth all the grief it will bring?
Every penny!

And :moon2: to Jim Caple and ESPN, Yankee haters one and all. :moon2:

Stop Laughing

Am I the only one noticing that baseball is evolving into Microsoft? That's what happens with a monopoly, I guess. It's getting harder and harder to enjoy it every year.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Yeah, it is frustrating to watch the same handful of teams buy the series most years. But it still beats the hell out of soccer.

Inkara1

SouthernN'Proud said:
Yeah, it is frustrating to watch the same handful of teams buy the series most years. But it still beats the hell out of soccer.
I must admit, it's definitely a challenging task to get a good action shot at a soccer match.

rrfield

SouthernN'Proud said:

At first I agreed with you, then I looked it up...actually, from 2002 thru now there have been 8 different team in the WS out of a total of 8 slots. No repeats. I wouldn't have guessed that.

ALCS since 2002.
8 slots, 5 different teams (NYY, BOS and LAA twice each)
NLCS since 2002.
8 slots, 5 different teams (STL three times, HOU twice)

ALDS since 2002. This is where we see the repeats.
16 slots, 6 different teams (NYY x 4, BOS x 3, LAA x 3, MIN x 3, OAK x 2)

NLDS since 2002.
16 slots, 9 different teams (ATL x 4, STL x 3, SF x 2, HOU x 2)

In the AL, the same teams keep making the playoffs, but different teams win in the ALDS and the LCS. The NL, outside of the Braves and Cardinals is pretty competitive.

Whodda think.

No matter what it beats the hell out of soccer.

abooja

I watched the recorded press conference on YES last night and, I, too, have changed my mind about Johnny Damon, but in the opposite direction. Shockingly, I still find him very cute without the beard and long hair. He seems like a very sweet and mellow guy with an appreciation for Yankee history and gratitude for the way in which he was wooed by Brian Cashman. Sounds like a great fit to me. :cool:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
abooja said:
I watched the recorded press conference on YES last night and, I, too, have changed my mind about Johnny Damon, but in the opposite direction. Shockingly, I still find him very cute without the beard and long hair. He seems like a very sweet and mellow guy with an appreciation for Yankee history and gratitude for the way in which he was wooed by Brian Cashman. Sounds like a great fit to me. :cool:

At the risk of being verbally abused by a very attractive lady, if he was wooed by Brian Cashman, wouldn't that kind of take him off the market for women in general? :D

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
At the risk of being verbally abused by a very attractive lady, if he was wooed by Brian Cashman, wouldn't that kind of take him off the market for women in general? :D
Third definition. :winkkiss:

abooja

If I'm thinking about another man wooeing Johnny Damon, I'd much prefer it be Derek Jeter or Alex Rodriguez. Or both, simultaneously. :brow:

Damn, I'd pay good money to see that. :mope:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
abooja said:
If I'm thinking about another man wooeing Johnny Damon, I'd much prefer it be Derek Jeter or Alex Rodriguez. Or both, simultaneously. :brow:

Damn, I'd pay good money to see that. :mope:

And I thought I was kinky...:p