BBQ entrances and exits

Professur

unclehobart said:
Didja smuggle back any beer?

Just the remainder of the Sam case, and what was left of the Lawson Creek. I was trying to get a case of Sweet Georgia Brown, but Kroger's never had an intact case.

Professur

Next time. I was wracked enough going through the border as was. $300 of souveniers, a new cooler, BBQ, beer, clothes, etc. And a broken lift cable. The idea of any kind on inspection terrified me. But the border was fairly busy and moving well, and the girl didn't want to clog up the lanes by having to have me roll that monster into a slot 'over there'. We got away with a "have a nice day".

But now that you've brought it up, I need to go Yeti hunting.

Professur

One contained brandy from a $200 bottle of cognac and the other contained Utopias; the Utopia was preferred by 17 of 22 writers

Hardly a beer, if they're running it against a cognac.

Professur

Unc, see if you can track down some Warthog cream ale from Big Rock brewery in Alberta. The label, if it can be believed, claims only barley, hops, yeast and water. We may have found you another beer.

unclehobart

I think I had one of those a few years ago and wasn't impressed. But then it may have also been an older 'skunked' bottle.

Professur

I poured a pair into my face last night and they were OK. Nothing for me to make a special trip for, but a definite improvement of the pasturized industrial sludge served up locally. OK, for a cream ale. A little light on body and taste for any agressive drinking, but not bad for sitting back once the V's are in the sac.

This on the other hand is more up your taste alley, I think. A dark, slightly bitter lager, of all things. But who am I fooling. I bought it for the label. Think Tonks might want it for the fridge?

7846_l.jpg

Professur

If she'd like to pop over to that site and have a gander, I suppose I could indulge her, and empty a few others with interesting labels.