Be nice to naked people!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Well, maybe an anti-nudity preacher in Wisconsin won’t go that far, but he’s been ordered to (at the very least) be nice to the naked people. And Pastor Ralph Ovadal won’t get off that easy. He’s also been fined 1,000 American greenbacks for taunting a woman in a parking lot near a nude beach last year. Judge Paul Higginbotham said he thought about throwing the moral minister into the slammer, but figured that would only make him a martyr. So has Ovadal heeded the words of a higher power and given up his personal vendetta against states of undress? Of course not. He vows to appeal his conviction and continue the campaign to shut down the nude beach. It may be a case of case closed. But definitely not case clothes-ed.
source

:rolleyes:

freako104

oh geez. someone else taking offense to something. its so much fun when people wont accept whats different isnt it

freako104

Originally posted by MitchSchaft
Welcome to America, freak.

ive been here thats why i said what i did. im sick of people complaining about things and then trying to stop others from doing anythng.this guy hsa a problem with nudity so he can look away. but no hes got to complain. ive lived here for 22 years id like to see someone do the smart thing and look at or do something else and ignore whats offending them. but that aint gonna happen is it.

freako104

my friedn Gabe from HS said it best when he said: "in order to support free speech we must abide to those who would abridge it in the first place."

Professur

Originally posted by outside looking in
Nope. Unfortunatel "free speech" to many is an invitation to spew all their complaints onto everyone's laps.

I knew that constitution thinggy was a bad idea. Too many damn T's.

StuTheWise

Seriously... this guy doesn't have a problem with nudity, that's why he's at the beach in the first place! He likes looking at naked women just as much as the next guy, but he's got an image to maintain so he pretends that he's against it while he sits out there and checks out all the naked chics.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Originally posted by StuTheWise
Seriously... this guy doesn't have a problem with nudity, that's why he's at the beach in the first place! He likes looking at naked women just as much as the next guy, but he's got an image to maintain so he pretends that he's against it while he sits out there and checks out all the naked chics.

Where is he at? I'll go complain with him :eek11:

Hell, I've even take pictures.

MitchSchaft

im sick of people complaining about things and then trying to stop others from doing anythng

Exactly. It's those people that are going to take away my 2nd Amendment rights pretty soon. The 1st Amendment isn't too far behind. You already have to get permission from "the man" to put together any type of peaceable gathering.

freako104

Originally posted by MitchSchaft
im sick of people complaining about things and then trying to stop others from doing anythng

Exactly. It's those people that are going to take away my 2nd Amendment rights pretty soon. The 1st Amendment isn't too far behind. You already have to get permission from "the man" to put together any type of peaceable gathering.

if they havent taken them already.

DuronClocker

Yeah there are some major downsides to the whole idea that everyone should have all the freedom they want. Ok, well I agree that people should have the freedom to do and say what they want, but not when they are trying to take other's rights away. Kind of a catch-22, but it makes sense if you think about what I'm saying...

People have the freedom to walk around nude on nude beaches if they want. This guy has the freedom to complain all he wants. If we take away his freedom of speech, that's violating an ammendment which will likely cause many riots and commotion, but if we close the nude beaches, we will take away people's natural right to life that John Locke said we all have. In either case, there will be some people pissed off, while others leave happy. Which is it Mr. Government?

freako104

thats why i quoted an old friend of mine on here saying that in order to have free speech we must abide to those who would abridge it in the first place. i agree totally that we should have free speech as long as it doesnt interfere with others rights. the guy whos complaining can try to have the rights of the nudisits taken away and the nudists will try to say we have a right and you have a right to say what you will but it makes more sense to ignore it.there will alwasy be those who need the first amendment just so they can take it away from others. so sad. so very very sad that people cant look at it and say you havea right to do that and i have a right to do this.

StuTheWise

freako104, I'm reminded of all the vets out there complaining about flag burning. "We fought for that flag!" Wrong! You fought for what the flag stands for... in other words, you fought so that people would have the right burn the flag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as much of a patriot as the next guy (dare I say more of a patriot since I chose military service when all friends told me I was stupid and crazy for doing so?), and I hate to see the flag burned. Heck, if people hate the country so bad, they should leave.

But if we're going to have a free state, we have to put up with the consequences of freedom.

PuterTutor, you just gave me an idea! I'm gonna go down to the strip joint and protest all night long! :hairbang: