beating the fastfood temptation

kuulani

I was almost tempted to stop this morning for a Sausage McMuffin with Egg, but I stopped myself.

:clap: for me!

:D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh! I know how to keep yourself away from fast food! Anytime you crave it go to google and search for the nutrition information:

"restaurant name nutrition"

I seached Tom Hortons this afternoon and discovered their blueberry muffins have 320 calories! :eek: That's more than most of their donuts! Most of the muffins have more than donuts! :eek: I know I won't be eatting muffins anymore! (and no, i'm not going to start eatting donuts instead, I'm going to eat none of it because the donuts are loaded with calories aswell) I also searched McDonalds and found out that their breakfast sandwiches have over 300 calories each I believe :eek: !

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Back to the banana's again I'd say! :headbang:

And some really healthy sandwiches...yes, bread with cheese, tomatoes, latice (sp? I really can't remember :blush: )...

Yup, I'd choose that any time if I had the choice between some muffin, donut, burger or that! :)

kuulani

oops ... I skipped the fastfood and ate a donut instead. *blaming the coworker who brought in a box of donuts*

:D

Scanty

I bought a chocolate fudge brownie thing in this coffee shop and felt really bad about it. Then when I took the first bite...it was...well...minging.
So, thank you to whomever made it minging and saved me from gorging on brownie.
:headbang:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Shadowfax: It's all about the bananas! :headbang: Unfortunately all the bananas at my house are too ripe :( and I ate the last apple last night :( . I hate the fact that bananas are only in the range of my liking for like 2 days. First they're not ripe enough, then they're good for 2 days, then they're too ripe (IMHO)! :bitchslap: bananas for not being good for longer!

I am going to do a fruit and veggie diet next week. I will ne home all alone so I will noone tempting my with other tasty treats and also my mom will not be there to yell at me and ell me ot eat more food! YAY!

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Just don't forget to eat a little bit of meat once in a few days! There are a lot of essential vitamines in there which you don't have in fruit of vegetables!

And about the banana's...I have exactely the same problem! Some people can eat those things in the range of a week, but I'm kinda..well...different at that point, so I set a high standard when the ripeness of the banana's is concerned :D
Just keep them in a cool place, like 10 ~ 12 deg. C. and they'll be longer eatable! Don't keep them in the fridge though, then they get all brown and stuff like that...*shivers*

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'll eat some chicken every couple of days to keep my nutrients up.

Stop Laughing

Hey kuu, how about one of these?

topa1.jpg

:D I say it's definitely worth the 200 calories per donut. (nutritional info here)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
WOW! I heard it was 500! That's not near as bad but still VERY bad at the same time!

kuulani

Stop Laughing said:
Hey kuu, how about one of these?

topa1.jpg

:D I say it's definitely worth the 200 calories per donut. (nutritional info here)

Ack! How could you?! Teasing me with a donut I can't possibly have. :p
The one and only time I ate a Krispy Kreme was last February in Cali :(

HomeLAN

Hmm, might be time for a trip to the KK on Ponce again. The grease there has had long enough to congeal to the right consistency.

Stop Laughing

kuu, it could be worse, my father just recently became diagnosed with diabetes and they're just opening a KK a block away from his house. :(