bin Laden Death Report

Altron

Spike seems kinda cranky. Did we forget to tuck him in for his nap?

Maybe the Flintstones chewable vitamins gave him a tummy ache...

Seriously, this is an online forum. Typing mistakes are a way of life. Stop bitching about minor flaws in spelling and answer the fucking question. You're acting like a idiot. If you can make a rational comment, make it. If all you can do is argue about insignificant details, maybe you shouldn't be arguing then.

spike

You're the one that seems cranky with all the insults. I was just joking around because highwayman's questions were silly in the first place.

Take a chill pill.

spike

I guess the question is what do the 3 branches of government or checks and balances have to do with me suggesting Bush's plan is to wait for bin Laden to die of natural causes?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Who cares. He's been irrelevant except as a symbol for years. Think they won't have another? Not that I miss him, understand, but it changes nothing.

Changes quite a bit for him personally, wouldn't you think? I mean, I understand that in a world where heaven and hell don't exist, I guess it isn't as big a deal as it would be in the world where they do exist. But still, it would mean the difference between life and death. I find that a significant enough difference in and of itself. Throw in the notion that, if he is dead, and if there is a heaven and a hell, he's smoking a turd with Hitler as we type, and it becomes even more of a difference, no?

I have no idea if he's dead or not. I ain't seen him around these parts, but that don't make him dead. I hope he is dead. I hope his death is quickly followed by the death of every fanatical terrorist anywhere in the world. I know it won't be, but a body can hope. I hope that, if he is dead, his death was very slow, very agonizing, very lonely, and very stressful for him and any of his followers near him. But that's just me. I'm that way.

I don't fret over it though. To me, it's all part of the grand scheme of things. Fulfilling the book, one might say. Silly superstitious notion I know, unenlightened and outdated, but still.

As to his replacement...if one is indeed required at this particular point in time...go right ahead. Paste that target firmly on your head. Seal your fate. Matters not to me. As has been said before, some lives are worth more than others. His would be roughly equivilent to a cockroach. Something to be ground under a heel.

chcr

Too cute for words
Changes quite a bit for him personally, wouldn't you think? I mean, I understand that in a world where heaven and hell don't exist, I guess it isn't as big a deal as it would be in the world where they do exist. But still, it would mean the difference between life and death. I find that a significant enough difference in and of itself. Throw in the notion that, if he is dead, and if there is a heaven and a hell, he's smoking a turd with Hitler as we type, and it becomes even more of a difference, no?

I have no idea if he's dead or not. I ain't seen him around these parts, but that don't make him dead. I hope he is dead. I hope his death is quickly followed by the death of every fanatical terrorist anywhere in the world. I know it won't be, but a body can hope. I hope that, if he is dead, his death was very slow, very agonizing, very lonely, and very stressful for him and any of his followers near him. But that's just me. I'm that way.

I don't fret over it though. To me, it's all part of the grand scheme of things. Fulfilling the book, one might say. Silly superstitious notion I know, unenlightened and outdated, but still.

As to his replacement...if one is indeed required at this particular point in time...go right ahead. Paste that target firmly on your head. Seal your fate. Matters not to me. As has been said before, some lives are worth more than others. His would be roughly equivilent to a cockroach. Something to be ground under a heel.

I couldn't care less what it changes for him personally, if anything. What's important to me is how it affects the world I live in and the people I care about. It doesn't. You keep existential score if it makes you happy, it doesn't mean anything to me.

You completely miss the point with the replacement. Our government has decided (quite a long while ago, actually) That there needs to be a boogie man for when the natives get restless (kinda like they're doing now). I just wonder who it will be.

highwayman

Seriously, this is an online forum. Typing mistakes are a way of life. Stop bitching about minor flaws in spelling and answer the fucking question. You're acting like a idiot. If you can make a rational comment, make it. If all you can do is argue about insignificant details, maybe you shouldn't be arguing then.

It only goes to show spikes lack of imagination and lack of knowledge...

I guess the question is what do the 3 branches of government or checks and balances have to do with me suggesting Bush's plan is to wait for bin Laden to die of natural causes?

The point on Bush's plan is what prompted me ask if you knew the branches of government of America. If you have any knowledge at all you would not have gone off on some irrelevant bullshit and at least given a relevent answer...

spike

The point on Bush's plan is what prompted me ask if you knew the branches of government of America. If you have any knowledge at all you would not have gone off on some irrelevant bullshit and at least given a relevent answer...

So, are you going to give a relevant answer about what the 3 branches of government have to do with Bush's plan?

Maybe without the insults as a diversion?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
You completely miss the point with the replacement. Our government has decided (quite a long while ago, actually) That there needs to be a boogie man for when the natives get restless (kinda like they're doing now). I just wonder who it will be.

I don't accept that Osama bin Laden is a created "boogie man" by our government to make the natives feel justified. I think his actions speak volumes, and seal his own fate. Opinions vary, obviously. But it appears that some of us have gone as far to discredit Bush as Rush Limbaugh does to praise him. I find both equally laughable.

But hey, feel free to invite him over for lasagna and to play with the kids if you like. Free country and all. After all, he's just a "boogie man", and we all know such things don't exist.

chcr

Too cute for words
I don't accept that Osama bin Laden is a created "boogie man" by our government to make the natives feel justified. I think his actions speak volumes, and seal his own fate. Opinions vary, obviously. But it appears that some of us have gone as far to discredit Bush as Rush Limbaugh does to praise him. I find both equally laughable.

But hey, feel free to invite him over for lasagna and to play with the kids if you like. Free country and all. After all, he's just a "boogie man", and we all know such things don't exist.

*sigh* How many Americans has Osama been directly involved in the death of? How many died last year as a direct result of drunk driving? Which one is the greater threat to American lives?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
*sigh* How many Americans has Osama been directly involved in the death of?

Check here...

chcr said:
How many died last year as a direct result of drunk driving? Which one is the greater threat to American lives?

Bottom of the page...

Now...just to argue against you...how many Americans has Osama et al intended to kill last year? How many drunk drivers intended to kill their victims or themselves? You wish to draw those faulty conclusions, by all means, do so, if it helps you sleep at night. Besides...I've made those same comparisons when I talk about the 'safety' of troops in battle vs driving at home, and it always gets shot to pieces by the 'anti-war' crowd...

chcr

Too cute for words
1. Gato, I would argue that intentions are not as important as results and what evidence do you have that bin Laden intended to kill more than he has? Rhetoric?

2. Gonz, what, specifically, did we do to Hirohito?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
nagasaki.jpg

hiroshima.gif

Besides defeating his country, humiliating him on the USS Missouri (in their culture) & making his position completely useless, nothing.

Miestro_jerry

Why should the American Soldiers look for Bin Laden, when American soldiers found Saddam, did any of them get the reward that was offered? *piss2*

Jerry

Gato_Solo

1. Gato, I would argue that intentions are not as important as results and what evidence do you have that bin Laden intended to kill more than he has? Rhetoric?

His group has been spouting off quite a bit since 9/11, but, remember, his group was also behind the scenes in the 1993 attack on the Twin Towers, the USS Cole attack, and the Kenya embassy bombings. He has been intending to kill Westerners in general and Americans in particular since the Taliban took over Afghanistan when the Soviet Union collapsed.

chcr

Too cute for words
His group has been spouting off quite a bit since 9/11, but, remember, his group was also behind the scenes in the 1993 attack on the Twin Towers, the USS Cole attack, and the Kenya embassy bombings. He has been intending to kill Westerners in general and Americans in particular since the Taliban took over Afghanistan when the Soviet Union collapsed.

Actually, since we stopped funding him, IMHO. There's a foreign policy that decidedly didn't work out. I agree that he talks about it a lot. My original point is that he (or al-qaeda) are not the overwhelming threat to life, liberty and the "American Way" that either the government or the media would have us believe. Would I like them all dead? Absolutely. Tell me how to do it without instigating WWIII.

Gato_Solo

Actually, since we stopped funding him, IMHO. There's a foreign policy that decidedly didn't work out. I agree that he talks about it a lot. My original point is that he (or al-qaeda) are not the overwhelming threat to life, liberty and the "American Way" that either the government or the media would have us believe. Would I like them all dead? Absolutely. Tell me how to do it without instigating WWIII.

If you can find a way, please let me know. AFAIK, the best way to eliminate a cockroach problem is to destroy the nest. Explain how to do that without an armed invasion of...say...Iran?