Bitch about work thread.

Altron

Fucker smoked in my car. Without asking. Without putting the windows down and the vents on full.

My girl has told me a few times that he used to pull that shit on her, until she told him "no."
From now on, I'm going to do the same thing.

Altron

He just pushes me around. He's never really that nice to me. He's a hypocritical fucker too.

If he sees me chatting with one of my buddies for a minute in another department, he whines and tells me that I need to cover the floor, but he takes a 5 minute cigarette break once every hour or two, leaving the floor without telling anyone.

I've been in the back working on sorting DVDs or something, and he's told me to cover the floor so he can smoke. Fucker.

Professur

Repeat with me..........NO

NO

NO

Repeat after me.......... Fuck off.

Fuck off and die

fuck off and die, or I'll help you....

You're not confrontational? Get confrontational. Believe me when I say, it doesn't take much to back the other guy down. I'm 5'5" and I do it regularly. He's not wanting a fight anymore than you are .... but you want to convince him that he wants it a whole lot less.

Altron

Well, he showed up.

I guess my call worked, then. I told the girl I like that she shouldn't even consider covering for him, and she reassured me that it was never even a possibility. She then had a talk with the manager. The manager said that he would be pissed off if the kid called out. My girl said that he should fire the kid if he called out.

Then the kid called. Not sure how the conversation went. All I know is that he showed up.

I'm still hoping that they fire him. He was riding the clock like a bicycle monday night, and I still haven't brought it up with the store director. The SD also told me that if it wasn't absolutely neccessary to schedule the kid, he wouldn't.

Now that we've got the new girl, and that the son of a bitch isn't working Saturdays, I hope it becomes possible to remove him from the schedule, permanently. Then we can hire another new person.

Altron

I got confrontational a little bit, a few times.

The motherfucker asked me to cover another Friday shift for him, and I was like "tough luck, I'm off tonight" and he got all pissed off and was like "I cover for you all the time, and you never cover for me." and I was like "I covered for you three fucking days ago, in case you forgot." and he was like "Still, you hardly ever want to cover for me" and I was like "You're damn right I don't. Have fun working tonight."

Three days earlier, he called out, and I told him that he was an asshole. He got all bitchy and I was like "Stop whining. You were supposed to come in tonight. Jeanine has to work extra to cover for you. Apologize to her right now." and handed the phone to her. I like to make her feel appreciated. Then I went home, and got changed, and covered for him, so that she could go home.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Fucker smoked in my car. Without asking. Without putting the windows down and the vents on full.

My girl has told me a few times that he used to pull that shit on her, until she told him "no."
From now on, I'm going to do the same thing.

See, that's where you say "Get the fuck out of my car you ignorant son of a bitch."

Some people are jerks...and when they're jerks they're not magically one day gonna respect you cause you're nice so you have to make them realize you're not gonna put up with their shit...then atleast they'll stop jerking you around so much...they likely still won't respect you cause they'll think you're somehow doing wrong by them or some shit but atleast they'll know you're not gonna put up with them...who cares what they think of you anyway if they're a jerk.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
See, that's where you say "Get the fuck out of my car you ignorant son of a bitch."

Some people are jerks...and when they're jerks they're not magically one day gonna respect you cause you're nice so you have to make them realize you're not gonna put up with their shit...then atleast they'll stop jerking you around so much...they likely still won't respect you cause they'll think you're somehow doing wrong by them or some shit but atleast they'll know you're not gonna put up with them...who cares what they think of you anyway if they're a jerk.

That pretty much sums it up.

Altron

Yeah, I'm going to show some resolve now.

I'm not going to be bitchy about it, I'm just going to refuse.

My girl stopped giving him rides and lending him money a month or so ago, and she's been suggesting to me that I do the same.

I told him the ground rules the first day. There will not be any smoking in the shaggin' wagon without my permission.

I gave him privledges, and I was extremely nice to him, and he just keeps abusing it and pushing more and more.

I started off at work trying to be nice as can be to everyone, trying to make new friends, and go out of my way to be a nice guy. Some people have been nice in return, and I'm happy to say that I consider myself good friends with many of my coworkers. We hang out and chat, but they've shown genuine concern for me. Some, however, have not. They've shown that I'm only of intrest to them as far as they can get me to do stuff for them. That ends now.

Altron

Oh, and did I mention that on Saturday, I had put in a time off request THREE WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME saying that I couldn't work after 6 PM, because I was going to a party, and they scheduled me for 2-10 and gave him the day off, even though he didn't request it.

I'm going to complain to the store director. That's un fucking acceptable. There is absolutely no reason to schedule me for time I requested off, and schedule my lady on her day off, but not schedule him when he's available and not requested off.

He should be getting fired, not given special privledges. I haven't had a time off request honored in two goddamn months.

On the plus side, since I work EVERY FUCKING SATURDAY, and he's gotten last saturday and next saturday off, maybe I won't have to put up with his shit on saturdays.

Altron

Saturday, my time off request got blatantly ignored. I asked for a four hour window. I said I was happy working 10-6, just not after 6.

Three weeks before, I asked for the weekend off for the West Point trip. Friday, saturday, and sunday.

The Friday before, the schedule was posted. I was off. He was working Friday.
On Wednsday fucking night, they changed the schedule to have me come in friday, and for him to have friday off.
The girl who always talks on the phone was also scheduled, but she called out.
I, of course, couldn't go, because nobody even fucking told me that they changed the schedule from what I had written down before. I get a call when I'm on the way to New York, asking why I haven't shown up yet.

Then the girl I like had to work a 12 hour shift alone.

Luis G

Staff member
That's the difference between being nice (i.e. stupid) to your boss and showing some attitude.

Face it, there is an extremely low number of places where doing things the right way and being nice will get you promoted or at least some benefits. Most of the time you must be a jerk so you can make your way up.

Altron

My boss knows what's going on. He knows that the girl I like works really hard and covers a lot of shifts, and that I cover a lot of shifts and work pretty hard too. We're the ones who care, the ones who will work extra to get things done and to help out.

Some people whine about clock riding, since she's usually scheduled for 30-35 hours a week, and ends up staying late, getting into OT quite often.

It was nice, we were talking, and she wanted to make sure that I didn't think that she was clock riding. I told her that I know she isn't. She told me that as long as I knew, she knew, and the SD knew, it didn't matter what the other people thought.

Professur

Oh, just drag her into the stock room and do her already, for Christ's sake. You're making my teeth itch.

Altron

When you stay on the time clock way past when you're scheduled, so you get paid more. She stays. She has to. Certain miserable scumbags have a habit of not showing up.

Basically, she gets accused of cheating the time clock by certain jealous people, because she works hard.

Altron

I'm going to ask her out. And not lose my nerve at the last second.

We just had a really good time yesterday.

I don't know if I want to take her into the stock room. The doors ain't exactly soundproof. Probably scare some customers away.

I'm not really in any rush to jump into bed with her. She's very good lookin', but that's not why I like her. I like her because she's a really awesome person.

Luis G

Staff member
When you stay on the time clock way past when you're scheduled, so you get paid more. She stays. She has to. Certain miserable scumbags have a habit of not showing up.

Got it thanks. I thought it was when people where just looking at the clock so they can go out the second they turn ends.

Basically, she gets accused of cheating the time clock by certain jealous people, because she works hard.

That's plain stupid.