Bloomberg on the proposed Muslim community center

catocom

nah, guess not.
You said Yeah last time, and reneged.
No need to waste my time for that little bit.

2minkey

bootlicker
fortunately cat, it is not your burden to serve as arbiter of what is and what is not christian. well, that and you're wrong. are mormons christian? how about voodoo practitioners? how about just plain old catholics? what about alawis? they celebrate easter i think.

catocom

fortunately cat, it is not your burden to serve as arbiter of what is and what is not christian. well, that and you're wrong. are mormons christian? how about voodoo practitioners? how about just plain old catholics? what about alawis? they celebrate easter i think.
you're right on that first part, but note my current sig.

yes (some)
no, not voodoo
yes (some)
I don't know about that last one. I haven't studied up on it, or know anyone that claims it.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded , lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away . 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning , and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
(2 Timothy 3..).

catocom

meh, it's just low level spammer coming outta there.
No real hackers.
It's giving me a good ip ban base.
I've got time. :)

valkyrie

nope, nobody here has claimed overtly to support them, and that's not impying
anything else except that I don't personally know everyone here.
True that. It's hard to get to know people on message boards. Often people are hundreds (or thousands) of miles away from each other. Some, like myself, are very private and like to keep it that way. I've spent quite a lot of effort keeping my name off the 'Net until recently. I joined LinkedIn for professional purposes only and added my resume to monster.com and dice.com.

valkyrie

Many, if not most Christians aren't out there spouting Hate messages.
Unfortunately, not all Christians are tolerant and "Christ-Like."

Mosque-building protested elsewhere
The battle over the mosque and Islamic center planned two blocks from Ground Zero in New York City has captured national attention, but plans to develop mosques elsewhere also are sparking confrontations, The Christian Science Monitor reported Thursday.

Since Islam and Christianity are both religions the fair result of this would be to ban building of all churches and mosques. :shrug: Do I think that's constitutional? Hell no! So the Muslims are, in the end, going to get to have their mosque 2 blocks away from the World Trade Center (and other places as well).

valkyrie

I think what surprises me most about the protesters is that they are exclusively "christian" (note the lower case, cat). Given that Christians often get a bad rap because of a few bad eggs I would have thought that many of them would be on the side of the Muslims who want to better the image of Islam. Today it's "christians" protesting the building of a religious building/cultural center. Tomorrow the protest might be turned on them if they succeed in preventing the construction. This is a very thin tightrope they walk and it's a long way down.

spike

Ron Paul - "The opposition ‘is all about hate and Islamaphobia."

-------------

"In the above photo, we see Saudi Prince Al-Waleed with Rupert Murdoch. It turns out that the #2 shareholder in NewsCorp helped to fund Park 51. POW!

...the Kingdom Foundation, al-Waleed's personal charity, has donated a total of $305,000 to Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow, a leadership and networking project sponsored jointly by two of Rauf's organizations, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative. Al-Waleed owns a 7 percent, $2.3 billion stake in News Corporation. Likewise, News Corporation owns a 9 percent, $70 million stake — purchased in February — in Rotana, Al-Waleed's Saudi media conglomerate. Put another way: Rupert Murdoch and Fox News are in business, to the tune of billions of dollars, with one of the "Terror Mosque Imam's" principal patrons."

http://www.bobcesca.com/blog-archives/2010/08/whoops_fox_news.html

Probably should boycott Fox now huh?

------------------

An African-American man who was mistakenly thought to be Muslim was harassed at an anti-mosque rally yesterday in New York City. A crowd shouting "no mosque here" confronted the man and called him a "coward." The man is led away by rally organizers while one man shouts "Muhammad is a pig."

Fucking bunch of anti-American nutjobs.

Ground-Zero-Mosque-the-dumbest-controversy-in-the-history-of-mankind.jpg

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah but this time he is, in a big way. if you disagree with him, well, that is your right, but it also reveals a 'selective orientation' toward the constitution which is most certainly not consonant with that same document.

catocom

so now if anybody disagrees with Ron Paul, they are anti-Constitution?

That's a pretty big stretch there.
I'll have to make note to remember that one.:lol2: