Braces, anyone?

tonksy

Did anyone here wear braces? If so, I have a question. One of the little metal twisties that goes around the bracket attached to my tooth came off. I am wondering if this constitutes an emergency or if it can wait until Tuesday as Monday is a holiday.
I called the practice and left a message but I am impatient and want to know if I need to deal with this over the weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
My kid, who just got his off, thinks you can wait-if he understood correctly.

BlurOfSerenity

if i understand correctly too, it can wait. do this metal twisties serve the same purpose as the colored rubberbands, that hold the wire onto the bracket, or is this something different you are talking about?
i feel that as long as you're not in pain, like a wire snapped and is jabbing you or something, it's ok to wait

tonksy

Yeah, Ash. I guess it holds the wire to the bracket. Nothing is poking at me so I'm fine.
I suppose it can't wait until my next appointment though :(

tonksy

So my ortho called me last night about 10PM from what sounded very much like a party apologizing loudly for the time. I'd never spoken to him so much before - even in person. He is a very quiet dude in the office.

tonksy

So, Milestone. I just got a piece of chicken stuck between my front 2 teeth....and I needed a toothpick to get it out :eek:
I have almost no gap anymore and very little underbite but I still have over a year to go apparently.

GrandCaravanSE

got mine off a couple months ago if it fell off it really does not matter, if the other ones are on the teeth then that one should stay in place. i hate braces but they makes my teeth perfict. oh yes i also hate retainers.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The ad is for professional teeth whitening. I am quite impressed how relevant most of the ads are.

tonksy

I see an add for Tyson chicken nuggets...more chicken to get stuck in my diminishing gap, it seems.