British bullldog dies on holiday

British wrestler Davey Boy Smith has died while on holiday in Canada.
Smith - known as the British Bulldog - collapsed in British Columbia while on holiday with his girlfriend and her five children.

The 39-year-old was taken to hospital on Saturday in the resort of Invermere where he was pronounced dead by doctors.

It is not clear if he suffered a heart attack or he choked to death.

A postmortem examination was being carried out.

Smith was on the verge of a comeback with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), formerly the World Wrestling Federation.

On its official website, the WWE said: "World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened to report the loss of former WWE superstar Davey Boy Smith.

"Our thoughts, condolences and prayers go out to the family and friends of the British Bulldog."

Smith's father Sid, 63, of Golborne, Greater Manchester, told The Sun: "He started wrestling when he was 10. It was his life.

"He was so fit and strong. He never smoked and hardly drank."

Here

sbcanada

:(

First Brian Pillman, then Owen hart, and now the British Bulldog? Bret Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart are the only one left in that old WWF gang. I think Vince is up to something... :grumpy:

It's sad, I really liked that guy. :crying4:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
If I recall correctly, the WW"E" helped Davey Boy financially through a drug rehab program once since his drug abuse was partially caused by some stress he was having on the road (I don't know why one would want to use drugs as an escape...).

I'm not sure where I heard that, but it would explain some things, like why they helped davey boy with the rehab and why they just dumped Road Dogg and Eddy Gueraraharaowaraherra-guacamole :retard:

That sucks that he died. He was one of the best :(