Bucket List

tonksy

GizaPyramids1.jpg

JTP

The first one's a Pink Floyd album cover, what's the second one? Hall of Fame of what? Football?

tonksy

The first one's a Pink Floyd album cover, what's the second one? Hall of Fame of what? Football?

:hmm: Although I am a Pink Floyd fan (Mr. Smartypants man) I care slightly more for the Egyptian pyramids.

And yes, the second is the mecca that is the NFL HoF in Canton, Ohio :D

JTP

Saw the cleats on a second look. Ohio has a lot of mound sites that are on my bucket list.
If you can find a copy, check out Motel of the Mysteries by David Macaulay
1979, Houghton Mifflin, ISBN 0-395-28424-4
A great spoof on Archaeology, the main character is Howard Carson- poking a little fun at Howard Carter, I believe.

tonksy

Cool! Maybe I can squeeze them in. I want to make a pilgrimage to Millersburg, Ohio where the father's parents were from. It's Amish country (I was almost Amish :eek: ) and it's best known for it's baby swiss cheese. They have some quaint little bed and breakfasts as well.

Thanks for the book reference too.

JTP

Best cheese I ever had was Amish-made in Eastern Penn- you could get fresh milk in a glass bottle with real cream at the top, too! MMMMmmmm!

Professur

No bucket list for me. If I wanted to do it, I did it already. I learned early not to expect to ever get second chances.

JTP

Haven't seen the movie, either, but "Bucket List" as per what you want to see and do before you kick the bucket, has been in the vernacular for a long time. First heard it back in the late 70's.