Burger King

kuulani

Burger King has been advertising about their Chicken Whoppers everywhere: t.v. commercials, posters, radio ads ... even the windows on their restaurant are covered with Chicken Whopper ads.

When I went to order one, they were sold out :mad2:

That's just like when my friend went to KFC, and they told her they were out of chicken :rolleyes:

:D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
kfc out of chicken :rofl2:

What really gets my goat is McDonalds and the toys. My kids see the ads on tv get excited, won't shut up about it, (right now it is Battlebots) wait with bated breath for a month before they get to go, they stand and goggle excitedly at the toy display, get to order and the teenage clerk says, "sorry out of toys want cookies instead?" :mad: promise a kid a toy and then say no. :grumpy:

Gonna write to head office next time and complain. Maybe i'll get me some coupons! ;)

ris

how is it kids have memories like that, especially when they normally have the attention span of a gant? :)

greenfreak

Hey Ku'u, did you cluck like a chicken at the register for it? :D

(can't you get a special price for it if you do that?)

Q

They quit saying that part about the clucking on the radio ads. I think it must have just gotten too annoying. :D (prolly all the help threatened to quit)

kuulani

Originally posted by greenfreak
Hey Ku'u, did you cluck like a chicken at the register for it? :D

(can't you get a special price for it if you do that?)

I didn't even get a chance to cluck ... there was a huge sign at the door saying "SOLD OUT OF CHICKEN WHOPPERS". :(

Damn BK for denying a pregnant woman her craving :D

kuulani

Originally posted by L. Summerton
kfc out of chicken :rofl2:

What really gets my goat is McDonalds and the toys. My kids see the ads on tv get excited, won't shut up about it, (right now it is Battlebots) wait with bated breath for a month before they get to go, they stand and goggle excitedly at the toy display, get to order and the teenage clerk says, "sorry out of toys want cookies instead?" :mad: promise a kid a toy and then say no. :grumpy:

Gonna write to head office next time and complain. Maybe i'll get me some coupons! ;)

You go get your coupons!! Nothing's worse than a disappointed child!

On another note, Happy Meals are getting smaller and smaller. I remember when I got a burger, fries, a regular drink (not child's size), dessert (cookies or ice cream cone), and a toy. Boo McDonalds :D

Q

I bet they just put that sign up there so they wouldn't have to listen to people clucking :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
BOO Burger King for denying pregnant women :grumpy:
BOO McDonalds for denying children :grumpy:
BOO KFC for denying the people :grumpy:

BOO them all! :grumpy:

kuulani

:rofl:

It's a fast food conspiracy!

BOO Jack in the Box for not making it until I order it (thus making me wait forever, totally negating the idea of "fast food")

ris

i much prefer 'fast food' to be cooked up for me, that way it's not been sat under a lamp gathering salmonella or something. a 5min wait preferable to 2 days of sickness :)

Inkara1

Five Burger King locations in Fresno abruptly shut down a week or two ago. It was later revealed that it's because of those damn pesky franchise fees. Apparently you have to pay them.

sbcanada

I stear clear of Mcdonald's chicken burgers ever since I ate one and ended up with bad stomach pain and nausea. I felt better after I *puke2* 'd it all up though. :D

kuulani

I steer clear of McD's burgers ever since I found a thick blue vein-like thing running through one ...

BOO to the thick blue vein thing.

Stop Laughing

I never have McDonald's anymore since every time my brother eats there he throws up too. I have had the Chicken Whopper, it's good, but it's so similar to the BK Broiler it's not that big of a deal. They also changed the name of the Big King to something else, I forget what, but I think they did it since it wasn't selling.

I've gone to Popeye's when they ran out of chicken... strips. They also ran out of everything but wings, yuck.