By the by -- bye bye

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Everyone has preconceived notions....EVERYONE!

you thinking that is a preconceived notion about everyone.

I don't have any real preconceived notions about anyone, I just have thoughts about peoples online persona's.

I learnt the hard way, I used to think Leslie was some kind of church lady.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
you thinking that is a preconceived notion about everyone.

I don't have any real preconceived notions about anyone, I just have thoughts about peoples online persona's.

I learnt the hard way, I used to think Leslie was some kind of church lady.

She was...until some shady guy moved to Toronto and messed up her viewpoints. ;)

valkyrie

So would that be first hand experience? :rolleyes:

300px-Machine_gun_M2_1.jpg
Yes, Troll. From first hand experience.
Wrong rifle, though... I used a Barrett.

valkyrie

I've fired a BAR, an M60, an M16, an M1, and an AK47. Not that I am a liberal, but you think I am. Aren't people like me supposed to be afraid of guns? I actually own a gun even. All I do with it is shoot holes in this no trespassing sign on a tree in the woods behind my house that nobody pays any attention to anyway. But there are a lot of things in this world I am quite sure would surprise you and all your crazy preconceived notions of how it is.
Don't worry about the Troll. ;) She's so trapped by her own ideology she can't see the forest through the trees. Education is lost on her. :shrug:

Cerise

Wrong rifle, though...

Uhhhh....hello? A "rifle?" :rofl3:

I would think someone with your "first hand experience" would know the difference. :shrug:

If you really want to play these games you should at least know what you're talking about.

:rolleyes:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef

I would think someone with your "first hand experience" would know the difference. :shrug:

If you really want to play these games you should at least know what you're talking about.

wrong.....laundry dryer?

I am not good at this game, though it looks like an air-cooled .50 cal machine gun.

Professur

Congrats on pissing away any credibility you had, Cherry. A 'rifle' is any firearm with a 'rifled' barrel. It may also carry other labels, but rifle does apply. In fact, you can even get a rifled shotgun barrel these days.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Congrats on pissing away any credibility you had, Cherry. A 'rifle' is any firearm with a 'rifled' barrel. It may also carry other labels, but rifle does apply. In fact, you can even get a rifled shotgun barrel these days.

then wtf is a carbine

Cerise

You wish. :rolleyes: Talk about "pissing away."

With your logic you would call a "pistol" a "rifle" correct?

File:105mm_tank_gun_Rifling.jpg

"A rifle" is a firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder.

A "machine gun" is not a "rifle."

Go into a gun store and tell the guy behind the counter you want to buy a "rifle." Where does he point you to?

:shrug:

Professur

then wtf is a carbine

A short barreled 'long arm'. Usually used by cavalry because of the need to holster it while riding, as opposed to carrying it on a sling like infantry. The difference in accuracy didn't matter, since they were moving so much on horseback that they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside.

Understand that the terms today are frequently mixed and confused thanks to ineptness. That's nothing new, really. Trying to get one single definition for a broadsword is just as impossible, as the term varied from region to region.

And Cherry ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_barreled_rifles

If you don't like it, feel free to take it up with Bafta, ATF and Websters, because they all agree

Professur

You wish. Talk about "pissing away."

Don't all firearms that shoot bullets have "rifled barrels?"

"A rifle" is a firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder.

A musket isn't rifled. Neither are most shotguns, with noted exceptions. Many 'black powder' guns aren't rifled, many are.

A firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder is considered a 'long gun'. Many people, even supposedly educated people in the business will use 'rifle' as a generic term. Common stupidity doesn't make them right. A facial tissue may be called a Kleenex, but the ones in my drawer aren't made by them.