Caesar Serena

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Entertainment or lifestyles? It's all about the clothes so...

LONDON: Soon the formal white skirts and tops which are a trademark for tennis, will give way to hep leather jackets, pleated gladiator-style minis and sexy knee-high boots, thanks to a new fashion range launched by tennis star Serena Williams.

According to Hello magazine, the new range which is all set to revamp tennis style, has been launched in collaboration with sportswear giant Nike and Serena has reportedly churned out her own innovative designs, drawings and fabrics for the line.

The line reportedly also includes a special "performance denim" miniskirt as a mark of respect to Andre Agassi, who set the trend for denim shorts in the late 80s.

"We wanted to design a collection that helped me to stay cool but that also looked cool," Serena was quoted as saying. She also admitted that though her trendy designs might rake up some controversies, yet people would accept them.

"I think there will be some people like, 'What is she doing?'", she jokes. "But they know deep down they want it," she added.To promote the line, Serena will reportedly sport her chic designs at the upcoming US open championship.

photo.cms

Look at those arms :eek:

r2378851716.jpg

MrBishop

Damn...but check out the arms on this chick!!

Oh well...times change, eh

I'll just wait for the bikini tennis season to open. :D

Professur

personally, I think she looks stupid. But then, if she want's to slow herself down wearing all that crap, more power to her opponents.

MrBishop

Professur said:
personally, I think she looks stupid. But then, if she want's to slow herself down wearing all that crap, more power to her opponents.

With the exception of those boots...I don't see any of it slowing her down any. With her game as tight as it is...20lbs of chains still wouldn't help her opponenets beat her. :D

Oz

It looks a bit daft to me....but I rarely wear denim skirts......even rarer for me to play tennis ;)

But, it's fashion and that is wot the kids like......so if it encourages more kids to take up sport, so much the better :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'll bet you a bowl of strawberries and cream they still won't allow it at Wimbledon though...

Oz

PuterTutor said:
I'll bet you a bowl of strawberries and cream they still won't allow it at Wimbledon though...

I won't take that bet :D

I've said for years that if they took some of the pompus tradition, crazy outdated ettiquette and the expense that goes along with it out of the Wimbledon tournament.......we might actually get some decent players out of the UK.....it still reeks of being a "rich man's sport" here :eh: