Can't stay logged in

Professur

Um ... I wouldn't go so far as using that term. I noticed him posting in a familiar pattern over at another site and guided him to somewhere where that style is more accepted. Just in time, it would seem, as he developed some difficulty logging into that acc`t on that other site shortly thereafter.

Turned out, I`d already led him here once before, but he had some difficulty with that acc't too.

GrandCaravanSE

GC, did you find out why you got booted from Gearz?
well here is what i got in the email

"Harold, Hey buddy how are you doing? I just want you to know that I have Banned you from the Gearz Forum from making anymore posts !! You can email me and I will reply!! Reasons: Disruptive comments, subject matter, etc.. GE"

this happened over the weekend while i wasent even online that site at all. i sent him an email and asked him if he could give me an example and he sent this

"Harold, For the reasons that I gave you !! Disruptive comments and subject matter !! You did stop the foul language and that was appreciated. I cleaned up alot of your post to help you out before I emailed you the first time and after that. So, don't think that I didn't try to help you out to keep you on board on the site !! But, a great deal of your posts were not on subject matter, and your replies to post were way out in left field somewhere. I don't have to give a reason for banning anyone if the person is disruptive to the site. But, you just couldn't wait for me to reply on your email you sent me and went ahead and posted with another name to which I banned as well with your comments to try to start stuff on the site !! Before this act you might have had a chance to return on the site if you would have waited for my reply along with yours back and I would have re-instated you. But, with your last comment this will not happen on the site. GE"

all i have to say is he is an ass. i created that account so he could see how mad i was. i think i might of said he was a communist dictator, and the internet is free. eh if i want to i can always make another account any make no relation to myself.

*noted: adulds can't handle adult content on an adult site, what ever he does, there are a bout a million gearhead fourms i can go on.

Professur

Actually, the major reason for being `tight` on that site is because it`s not a 'gearhead' site, but is in fact a fan forum. All posting on there reflects directly on Stacey David, a public person with an image and reputation to uphold .... if only with his sponsors. That`s why there's nothing like our Real World forum over there.

Now on Lou's site, you could get as foul as you wanted and folk would just laugh louder ... even tho it was by and large the same people.

And as for creating another user ... banning users is only the first, most limited step. It`s a simple job to ban your IP, your IP range, your provider, or even your entire state (as I told Jimpeel here). Beyond that, one phonecall to the FBI starts charges of harrasment and (since that`s a commercial site) larceny if it`s determined that your behaviour might inhibit others from frequenting the site (and clicking on those sponsor links)

GrandCaravanSE

Actually, the major reason for being `tight` on that site is because it`s not a 'gearhead' site, but is in fact a fan forum. All posting on there reflects directly on Stacey David, a public person with an image and reputation to uphold .... if only with his sponsors. That`s why there's nothing like our Real World forum over there.

Now on Lou's site, you could get as foul as you wanted and folk would just laugh louder ... even tho it was by and large the same people.

And as for creating another user ... banning users is only the first, most limited step. It`s a simple job to ban your IP, your IP range, your provider, or even your entire state (as I told Jimpeel here). Beyond that, one phonecall to the FBI starts charges of harrasment and (since that`s a commercial site) larceny if it`s determined that your behaviour might inhibit others from frequenting the site (and clicking on those sponsor links)

As much as i would love to fight for my rights i just don't care anymore, if he is going to be like that i really don't care, i will miss the site, and all the knowledgeble people on there. well atleast i have alot more sites to post on.

Professur

It's not a question of your rights. On a privately owned site, you don't have any. Here too, you agreed to a AUP. That's an accepted limitation on your rights. Legally, these sites are considered as the owners yard. You can be invited to a BBQ at the neighbour's, but he can toss you anytime he chooses, for whatever reason suits him. Here, the rules are presented up front. At the BBQ, less so, but most people don't need to be told what's gonna happen to them if they pee off the diving board into the pool.

GrandCaravanSE

It's not a question of your rights. On a privately owned site, you don't have any. Here too, you agreed to a AUP. That's an accepted limitation on your rights. Legally, these sites are considered as the owners yard. You can be invited to a BBQ at the neighbour's, but he can toss you anytime he chooses, for whatever reason suits him. Here, the rules are presented up front. At the BBQ, less so, but most people don't need to be told what's gonna happen to them if they pee off the diving board into the pool.

OK ok, cool down, i get it i am dumb ass and should read the AUP, and should speek in child talk. oh yea and the freedome thing i ment to put ("") arount that phrase, what ever, i still really don't care, i will still be on here though.

tonksy

You don't have to use child talk. You simply can't out and out call some one a dumb fuck...unless you use a happy little smilie like this on :circle: that makes them think you are just kidding around.
No direct insults, no trolling, no links to nudity or illegal activity. Follow those rules and you should be good...unless you act like an insufferable prick and we hate you just for sake of purpose.

Professur

Tonks, I think he was talking about over at the other place.

GC, sorry if that came off a tad harsh, but I get that way when I repeat myself, and I just had that very conversation a couple of days back.

Actually, you're a bit of fresh air here abouts.

GrandCaravanSE

Tonks, I think he was talking about over at the other place.

GC, sorry if that came off a tad harsh, but I get that way when I repeat myself, and I just had that very conversation a couple of days back.

Actually, you're a bit of fresh air here abouts.

Hey, don't worry, i think i came off as the asshole in the first place, hey when you go over to gearz tell GE i am sorry, i am not expected to be unbanned, but i was an asshole, and i know he diden't have to answer my emails

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:)
Nah. Just ran CCleaner.
I think its the "remember me" button that messes it up. I'll find out after a couple more log ins.

I have my CCleaner not deleting otcentral (and my bank and shit) cookies by default. Did you do that once and forget?

I still say manually go delete the cookie.

BeardofPants

Noeessss! Don't delete the cookeh!!

cookie-monster3.jpg

Dave

I have my CCleaner not deleting otcentral (and my bank and shit) cookies by default. Did you do that once and forget?

I still say manually go delete the cookie.

I remembered to change that setting. :)
I haven't had any problems since switching to Chrome.