Cause and effect

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
And we wonder why school shootings, teen pregnancy, cops on campus, and violence at our schools is epidemic.

Two items gleaned from tonguetied.us, submitted for your consideration. Hack away.

Pictures of Jesus and of the Last Supper that have hung in an Illinois middle school for decades have been removed following complaints from an atheist group, reports KFVS-TV.

The images hung on a wall near the junior high gym in Anna, Ill., but had to be removed after the board received a letter from Americans United for Separation of Church and State. But the action was taken reluctantly, but both the board and broader community.

"Separation of church and state I don't think ever meant to be what we're experiencing right now across the nation," said Pastor Al Campbell, the President of the Union County Alliance of Churches. "I don't think it hurts young people to have our symbols in the schools."

**end**

A federal judge in Denver refused to contravene a local school district's decision not to show students a video from a Christian student group because it included the word "prayer," according to the Pueblo Cheiftain.

The judge was ruling on a complaint from the Fellowship of Christian Bulldogs who wanted to show a 73-second video at Pueblo Centennial High School announcing a prayer rally and encouraging students, teachers and staff to attend and "pray for your school, family, nation and world."

In the past, the school has allowed similar video announcements by other groups such as the Junior ROTC Rifle Team and the student Republican Party Club. School officials also allow the Christian fellowship to meet on campus during non-school hours.

unclehobart

I don't agree with the pic being in the school... but believe it should remain as being protected within tradition and antiquity. If its been there for decades, a reasonable time has passed without prior challenge and therefore should be left alone.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What he said.

As far as the second....Prayer is now a religious word? :rolleyes: