CBO: Eight Years of Iraq War Cost Less Than Stimulus Act

ResearchMonkey

Shut your filthy whore mouth obomite, you are not worthy to spreak Reagan's name.

1283622320403.jpg

spike

That senile guy that is one of the people most responsible for the corporate takeover of America and the decline of the middle class? Shit, I'll wipe my ass with Reagan's name if I feel like it.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

ResearchMonkey

Lrn2coldwar. It's a little before your time.

Too bad you believe ALL the liberal dribble and rewritten history about RR. You lefty's fear Reagan a decade after his death.

40th-United-States-President-Ronald-Reagan-1911-to-20041.jpg

:usa:

spike

Too bad you believe ALL the liberal dribble and rewritten history about RR.

Rewritten.....LOL. :laugh:

No, it's pretty well documented.

You lefty's fear Reagan a decade after his death.

In your fantasy. In reality what the fuck would there be to fear?

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

All rewritten and shit. By your approval rating standard he was an awful president. Not as bad as Bush....still just fucking awful. At that time....wait for it....UNPRECEDENTED awful. :laugh:

spike

ResearchMonkey said:
PARMA, Ohio – With less than an hour before President Obama's scheduled speech, 75 seats remained empty in the recreation center at Cuyahoga Community College's Western Campus.

So organizers went around campus and recruited more students to fill the seats.

Looks like you've been getting lied to by Hannity. That explains some shit.

"Instead of attacking President Obama’s speech about the economy in Parma, Ohio with any substance and actual, you know, facts, Sean Hannity cherry-picked two pieces of information (or had an assistant cherry-pick them for him) about the speech and then repeatedly distorted them in order to smear Obama. To make sure no potential smear went unsaid, Hannity’s sole guest for the discussion was Karl Rove. And as if all that were not unfair and imbalanced enough, Fox News producers thoughtfully provided a moving banner over Rove’s head saying, “The Obama Recession.”

Early in the segment last night (9/8/10), Hannity announced, “Not many people turned up to hear Obama. Now, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that event organizers were scrambling to fill seats just an hour before the speech and they asked students at the community college where the event took place to fill the empty seats at the last minute.”

In reality, the speech was an invitation-only event from the get-go. The paper reported that about 75 seats out of about 1,300 were left unfilled. In other words, about 5% of the invitees were no shows and about 95% of the seats were taken. That’s hardly “not many people” turning up. The paper did report that many students declined the last-minute invitations. But the fact that a bunch of students didn't drop whatever else they were doing to accept a sudden invitation to a speech that had nothing to do with their schoolwork is not an absolute indicator of Obama's popularity. More importantly, Hannity made it sound as though the general public had shunned Obama.

Then Hannity moved on to offer an even bigger distortion, this time of Obama’s words. Hannity said, “Now the president did have a rare moment of honesty during his speech and I hope voters around the country are watching this.” He played a clip of Obama saying, “Taxes are scheduled to go up substantially next year. For everybody.”

Hannity sneered, “I know the anointed one will make sure that that happens.”

But what Hannity didn’t tell his viewers is that Obama was talking about how Republicans scheduled that tax increase and how he wants to avoid it for the middle class. What Obama said was:

I’ll give you one final example of the differences between us and the Republicans, and that’s on the issue of tax cuts. Under the tax plan passed by the last administration, taxes are scheduled to go up substantially next year -- for everybody. By the way, this was by design. When they passed these tax cuts in 2001 and 2003, they didn’t want everybody to know what it would do to our deficit, so they pretended like they were going to end, even though now they say they don't.

Now, I believe we ought to make the tax cuts for the middle class permanent. (Applause.) For the middle class, permanent. These families are the ones who saw their wages and incomes flat-line over the last decade -– you deserve a break.

Did Hannity bother to read or view the speech or was he just too afraid to discuss what Obama had actually said?"

It's like I just have to actually check anything you say.

ResearchMonkey

Oh lordy spike, I think you have some sort of man crush on Hannity, you watch him more of him than I do. I don't watch any TV buddy.

A sitting President can't fill a community college this far into a an election cycle? When are you going to own this failure of a man, ...when you see it all slip away in November?

1284068087786.jpg

spike

Oh lordy spike, I think you have some sort of man crush on Hannity, you watch him more of him than I do.

Haven't watched him in awhile. I do check him out every once in awhile for some comedy. A quick check revealed your mischaracterization of the event probably stemmed from silly Hannity talking points.

A sitting President can't fill a community college this far into a an election cycle?

Give it up, you've been busted again.

"In reality, the speech was an invitation-only event from the get-go. The paper reported that about 75 seats out of about 1,300 were left unfilled. In other words, about 5% of the invitees were no shows and about 95% of the seats were taken."

quote]When are you going to own this failure of a man, ...when you see it all slip away in November?[/quote]

Now let's see, you saw it all slip away the last couple November's. Does that mean your owning the failure of a man that was Bush?

kGm6C.jpg

ResearchMonkey

Thank God we have the TeaParty upheaval to save the nation from the jaws of liberalism and big government.

It must suck knowing you'll never amount to anything without the government making it happen for you. lol, liberals.

1284086846148.jpg

spike