Chicken and Dumplings

BB

we have either pints (in glass bottles- tho' these are rarer these days) or cartons (1 or 2 pints) or plastic bottles from one pint to 4 mainly.

MrBishop

:shrug: Here we buy butter by the pound, or margarine by the tub.

They have butter by the stick up here... :p

butterstick.jpg
See :)

MrBishop

Yeah... it was supposed to be a joke, until I realized that this was a REAL product that you can really buy. :shrug:

*OnTopic - by stick, do you mean the large ones (3X3X6") or the smaller ones (2X2X6")?

tonksy

I've never measuresd the diameter of my butter...a stick is 8 tbsps so use that to mentally gauge.

That stick butter of yours looks like a glue stick.

MrBishop

I've never measuresd the diameter of my butter...a stick is 8 tbsps so use that to mentally gauge.

That stick butter of yours looks like a glue stick.
Yes...that was the joke.

The one's that we have up here look like this.
butter.JPG

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It's actually cool. Everyone has a pitcher that they put it in in their fridges and the bag has a nozzle on the top for pouring. It's less waste and the milk is fresher as not a lot of air hits the milk. The down side is the container is smaller so you go through more and there is that whole clear packaging robs minerals arguement.

The bags have nozzles? I ain't never see that! We just cut the corner of the bag off with scissors and away to go!

A.B.Normal

The bags have nozzles? I ain't never see that! We just cut the corner of the bag off with scissors and away to go!
When I was younger I remember the plastic bags of milk,but I have never bought it that way.I buy milk by the cardboard carton or plastic jug.