Christmas eve dinner

kuulani

Watcha have?
I made chicken with garlic and capers and wild rice.

I still don't know what to make for the family breakfast tomorrow, I have some eggs and sausages, but that seems so normal.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The standard...spaghetti. Day long sauce with homemade meatballs & beef chunks (too many wusses, no spicy sauage)

Mare

We had a Beef Roast, mash Tators and veggies. All Scotts children came and we exchanged Polyanna, it was very nice!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Family time.

The entire clan is more likely to get together on Christmas Eve, leaving Christmas day for the individual familes to be together.

BeardofPants

Family time.

The entire clan is more likely to get together on Christmas Eve, leaving Christmas day for the individual familes to be together.

Wow, we don't do anything like that. All family get-togethers are purely reserved for xmas day & boxing day (26th). Christmas eve, people are still shopping for xmas presents.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Wow, we don't do anything like that. All family get-togethers are purely reserved for xmas day & boxing day (26th). Christmas eve, people are still shopping for xmas presents.

As a rule, come 6 PM, everyone closes until the day after X-mas. We're back to work the day after, trying to pay for all the crap.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
We did a both family dinner here Saturday. Deep fried turkey with about 10 side dishes and 3 desserts. I made a meatloaf the following day, and a big breakfast on the morning of the 24th. My folks' place Christmas Eve night (traditional holiday menu). Been living off leftovers since without complaint. I may not cook again until February.

*belches German chocolate cake

markjs

Banned
The little puking smiley's vomitus looks remarkably the same as mine as well....

I know TMI, LOL, but I got to share the misery! LOL

markjs

Banned
I managed to hold down half a banana and a piece of homemade x mas candy for Christmas dinner! Now it's the 26th, about 2am, and I am getting ambitious ideas about the second half of that banana.......Watch my back guys I'm goin' for it......whispering a prayer first!

kuulani

Is christmas eve dinner a big deal over there?

For us, my husband and kids have a nice dinner by ourselves because christmas morning is madness!

We usuallly get together with his side of the family, haul all the presents to my mother-in-laws, and everyone gets together ripping through every present they can find with their name on it.

So the eve is a nice time to spend with just us :D

Inkara1

Christmas eve, had chicken, shrimp and crab leg gumbo for dinner. Christmas lunch, prime rib and ham with rolls, salad, scalloped potstoes, a green bean and cheese casserole (actually quite good)... then for Christmas dinner, Weber Kettle barbecued turkey, pork with garlic shoved into it, stuffing, squash, green beans, sweet potatoes. For lunch today I'm thinking tacos. :D

Altron

I cooked a frozen pizza in the oven and ate it alone.

My parents went to a christmas party without me, and my brother was playing video games again, and my girlfriend is a hundred miles away, home visiting her family.

But then on christmas day, i had a delicious roast beef and gravy sandwich at my grandparents' house with my family and a lot of my aunts, uncles, and cousins.

BeardofPants

Jeebus fuck Inky, is that amount of food NORMAL for xmas day? We eat the big lunch, but we sure as hell don't eat dinner (still full from lunch). :eek: