Christmas eve dinner

PrincessLissa

We had ham, turkey, mashed taters, corn, salad, and cake for desert. For Christmas I had a HUGE ham dinner planned, but the snow here kept my dad and gramma from coming over and now I have 10lbs of ham leftover :laugh Instead we went to my SIL's for her birthday and had hamburgers.

Inkara1

It's what I like to call "the two families are only an hour and 20 minutes of driving apart so we kinda have to split Christmas up." We did the same thing on Thanksgiving... Thanksgiving lunch with her family, Thanksgiving dinner wiht my family.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I had a slice of turkey, a slice of prime rib, some mac and cheese, and some green bean almondine for lunch, and dinner was a nice salad. I could've had more, but I'm shrinking my gut down to a smaller size so my new pants will fit a little more loosely. No, BoP...you can't have them, as they are part of a military uniform. :p

Mare

Christmas Eve has always been a big tradition in my family......like Inky said, FAMILT TIME. Christmas Day is more for the kids, ripping thru gifts and playing with them. Of corse there's always things you have to put together for them, etc..... Had a huge Ham and my homemade potato salad, coleslaw, my deviled eggs, cucumbers and onions with sour cream and vinegar, deserts galore, etc...... play all day, pick and eat all day.
Oh I LOVE Christmas, just stressful as you get older.
And YES, now pay for all the playing.:erm:

MiSsBeHaVinG

we have turkey with all the fixings for christmas dinner and then for supper we have a coldplate with all kinds of salads and stuff and my mom always has fresh rolls to have with the coldplate ..After christmas day is over you dont feel like eating hardly anything for 2-3 days ..